PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Position Sensors for Jenvey throttle bodies in North America?

Kirk Feldkamp
11-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Hello everybody!

Does anyone happen to have a source based in the good ol' U.S. of A. that stock throttle position sensors that mount properly on the Jenvey throttle bodies? Jenvey lists the Colvern CP17 and Wabash 971 sensors as direct fits, as well as a number of others with custom adapters. From what I could glean from 5 pages deep on Google (each), the direct fits are both *heavily* supported in the UK, but not here en Los Estados Unidos. Has anyone else come up with easily North American sourced solutions? Alternatively, does anyone have sensors that fit these TB's just sitting around not being used that they'd be willing to hock at a reasonable price? With as much lonely, used hardware that I know is sitting on the shelves all around the country, there has to be somebody that can help out.

Thanks,
Kirk

Mumpitz
11-28-2012, 10:41 PM
have sensors that fit these TB's just sitting around not being used that they'd be willing to hock at a reasonable price? With as much lonely, used hardware that I know is sitting on the shelves all around the country, there has to be somebody that can help out.

Wabash is a US company, give em a call and see if they can direct you to a local supplier or maybe some engineering samples if you are lucky.

Wabash Technologies
1375 Swan Street
Huntington, IN 46750
Ph: 1 (260) 355.4100
Fax: 1 (260) 355.4265

Kirk Feldkamp
11-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Ya, I saw that as well. It was after hours once I started looking, so I haven't had an opportunity yet. The datasheet I found made it look like it was a UK company that also had a US sales office. If it's the other way around, that would be great. Thanks for the heads up regardless.

-Kirk

Mbirt
11-29-2012, 06:44 AM
I once spent half an hour at an Auto Zone hub store going through their entire TPS supply looking for the "D-drive" with an employee that was sympathetic with the "because racecar" cause. I ended up with one from an 80's BMW that had the proper female coupling, but bolt spacing that required modification to work with the AT-Power throttle body.

Hopefully Wabash has something for you.

Jon Burford
11-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Well If you get really stuck I can get them here. I'm sure I could get it shipped over to you.

Kirk Feldkamp
11-29-2012, 08:42 AM
@Mbirt: Haha. Yes, I've been there too. I once went through ~300 unique brake calipers at an auto parts store to come up with suitable candidates for a vehicle I was working on. It's not the most efficient method, but you can usually find what you need! I may go down this route if nothing else pans out.

@Jon: There's always the possibility of simply buying the parts directly from Jenvey. I was hoping to avoid that because of the exchange rate and slow shipping. Basically, they'll end up at ~$100 per sensor and take a couple weeks to show up. :/

Thanks again guys,
Kirk

Jon Burford
11-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah I just checked, fairly expensive from Jenvey, But if you need any help on my side of the sea let me know.