PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Sponsorships

mumbles
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Hey everyone over the last year I've noticed a lot of teams that look like they are sponsored by Red Bull. I was curious how many teams Red Bull sponsors or if anyone else has got drink companies to sponsor them?

BrendonD
05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
I sent a message through their main website and got a reply back from one of their local reps, I talked to him on the phone and got him all excited to check us out and then shot him an e-mail with our sponsor packet info and we never heard from him again, maybe I'll poke him with a stick...

I then went and talked to the Rockstar guy at Chicago Cycles one day and he was like oh man you guys are sweet and promptly put 6 cases of rockstar in the trunk of the car, gave me his card, I followed up, and I've heard nothing since.

I wanted an energy drink sponsor to fuel late nights on the car, and so that we'd have free stuff to give out at events to get people to show up.

JR @ CFS
05-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I've been for a few beers with the head of brand management (oh, la de da!) of Redbull/Torro Rosso F1 and it's tough to get anything out of them. Money is impossible to get unless you are in Austria http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif but what you should do is invite them down to a test session and have a chat with them. If you get a fridge full of redbull, that would be sweet, anything more is a bonus!

B Hise
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
There is also RedBullU. thats how we get our free stash when were motivated enough to find the current Uni "Brand Manager."

I don't know about other schools, but ours are normally smokin' hot, which would lead one to think we would get her over at the shop all the time. I think I have been doing this for too long...

-Bryan

Matt N
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Way, way too long.

Korey Morris
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes, we have a SMOKING hot campus red bull chick. All work in the shop comes to a standstill when she walks in. I'd say we'd do pretty much anything fir her http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif She will come by and drop off a case or two of the juice from time to time. I've made a few passes at her... Didn't work out. As soon as she saw the ANSI E sized dimensioned drawings of the racecar framed in my living room, she was scared of my racecar-neediness and split. Still got the red bull though...

I've been prodding her regional manager for some cash for 3 years now with no avail...

Funny story, the campus red bull chick is also a bartender at a local bar (The Campus Pub, Lexington, KY). One night last fall, the Jager girls where there, so the Red Bull chick started slinging free red Bull too. Didn't take long for everyone in the place to have a jager bomb in their hand. Dangerous...

BrendonD
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm trying to get a Rockstar RV to the West comp, does anyone know if there was one last year?

kwancho
05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
No, but RB was there with their F1 car.
I have no idea wtf is up with our RB rep. He was all stoked about setting up a test day at Laguna Seca this weekend for FSAE teams in the area, but then he hasn't gotten back to me in like 2 months.

conekilr
05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
This year we are sponsored by Red Bull in the form of drinks and throwing us a sweet unveiling party. The North American branch of RB will not provide any direct monetary sponsorship and will not allow their logo to be displayed on the car. That is why you see some schools from other countries with the RB logo and possibly getting other donations.

BrendonD
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know if they are slated to come back this year?

JerryLH3
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Our Red Bull folks took us to Tampa Bay Grand Prix last fall for a night of karting. Good times.