PDA

View Full Version : Brembo Goldline Drawings??

Ben Adamson
02-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Hi, just wondering if anyone was willing to share their CAD drawing for the Brembo goldline rear calliper (preferrably solidworks). We are in a bit of a rut in the design of some areas without the model of the calliper.

It is the calliper that ducati and aprillia use on the rear of some of their their bikes.

Cheers, my email is bpad@deakin.edu.au any assistance would be great.

Ben Adamson
Deakin Race Technologies

Ben Adamson
02-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Hi, just wondering if anyone was willing to share their CAD drawing for the Brembo goldline rear calliper (preferrably solidworks). We are in a bit of a rut in the design of some areas without the model of the calliper.

It is the calliper that ducati and aprillia use on the rear of some of their their bikes.

Cheers, my email is bpad@deakin.edu.au any assistance would be great.

Ben Adamson
Deakin Race Technologies

Ben Adamson
02-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Thanks heaps guys, i have recieved an excellent model of the calliper and engineering drawing.

Cheers!

Ben Adamson
Deakin Race Technologies

TG
02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Could I please get a copy of that model too? (again, preferrably in SW)

My e-mail is asuglax @ yahoo dot com

Thanks a lot.

Adam Coombes
02-17-2006, 01:58 AM
I would much appreciate the SW model of that caliper too:

coombsie66@hotmail.com

many thanks http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ian McMurdo
10-30-2006, 09:09 PM
If any of the original responders to this thread are reading, could you please email the model and dwg to iandm at uvic dot ca? Thanks.

-JR-
10-31-2006, 04:45 AM
I would really appreciate if I could get the drawing, too.

Thanks!

scottie
11-11-2006, 09:29 AM
If at all possible it'd be great if someone could send me a copy of the file.

we switched calipers this year and im having trouble modeling it.

any help would be much appreciated. We use NX4

thanks alot

Scott
will1615@msu.edu

Mario__tr
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Is it possible to get a copy of these CAD drawing too?

mario.tremblay1@uqac.ca

chavez
11-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I would appreciate one as well.

sdchavez@gmail.com

kwancho
11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Eh, I'll take one if you're sending.
kwancho at stanford dot edu.

vandit
11-12-2006, 11:18 PM
hey i would like to hav the drawing....my id : vandit_goyal@yahoo.com

thanx a lot

RickyRacer
11-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I would love a copy if possible.
Rickyracer99@gmail.com
Thanks
Ricky

JerryLH3
11-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Is this the P32 caliper? If so, why not. Actually there are many reasons why not, but oh well. The email address is jerrylh3 at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Ian McMurdo
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JerryLH3:
Is this the P32 caliper? If so, why not. Actually there are many reasons why not, but oh well. The email address is jerrylh3 at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Something wrong with the P32?

JerryLH3
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh, nothing is wrong with the P32. That's what I'm using. I was just stating why not request a copy. The following sentence was nothing more than rambling about how some people would say "You should make your own model, you lazy bum."

Sorry for the confusion.

Mario__tr
11-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi,
Several people want these CAD drawing. It would be great if one of the original responders put this CAD drawing on the Gmail account that Matt Gignac Set up.
Just look at the "Gmail account for CAD storage/sharing" Topic.

Ian McMurdo
11-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the original posters are no longer reading this thread. That being said, I have a number of spec sheets for motorcycle calipers that I got from Brembo. In the interest of saving my contact at Brembo from lots of emails asking for the same thing, I would be happy to put these drawings (NOT models) onto the gmail account, or emailing to individuals.

Vinnie
11-24-2006, 07:51 AM
hee ian....

I want to change to brembo callipers, I am interested in the P32F, P34G, P32B and the 2 PISTON 30mm 52C calipers... do you have by chance the technical drawings for me??

if so thank you very much.. if you can e-mail them to eng.vgoor@gmail.com if you have them, thanks

ciaoooo vinnie

Benny
11-29-2006, 10:21 PM
I would also appreciate the Solidworks drawing of that caliper.
My email is benny_dyn@126.com
Thanks a lot http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ian McMurdo
12-01-2006, 09:18 PM
spec sheets sent to Vinnie, Benny, and fsaecad@gmail.com

Borch
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I checked the gmail account, didn't see any spec sheets. If you could send them to me I would be very appreciative, or try the gmail account again. Thanks

Brad
BYU FSAE
bdborch@byu.net

RickyRacer
12-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey Ian,
Could you please send it to me and to the gmail account. Thanks
Ricky
Rickyracer99@gmail.com

KIMIKO
12-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Hello Ian,
Could you please send it to me. Thanks

Ricardo Saraiva

masterkimiko@gmail.com

Ian McMurdo
12-17-2006, 10:03 AM
After my original email I stumbled across a site that is hosting all the drawings I have, plus more. Please visit:

http://kvickmc.se/brembo-mckatalog/

fade
12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
good find http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Simon Agnew
12-17-2006, 06:17 PM
If anyone could send it to agnew_simon@yahoo.ca that would be great. Thanks,

Ian McMurdo
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Visit the link that I posted. The only thing that was being emailed was a few of the drawings that you can find by following that link.

Ehsan
12-30-2006, 11:12 AM
So I am the guy who made the original Goldline model and sent it to Ben. I also asked him to not send it to anyone else and I appreciate that he has not done so.

I sent it to him because I felt like he needed it. I have watched everyone post here asking for it as if they are owed the model. Especially when people are asking for it in November. Its not an expensive part. if you're gonna use it, then buy it and make your own model.

When I first decided to use this caliper about 2 years ago, it took hours of internet searching just to find the NAME of the caliper. very few teams were using it at that time. its a good caliper that fits FSAE cars well so more are using it now.

Maybe I'm a crotchety old guy, but I do fully believe that this is not a competition to see who can have the best looking model or car. Its to learn something in the process. Downloading CAD models and spreadsheets from other teams won't teach you anything. your car may not be as good if you do it mostly from scratch, but you WILL be a better engineer for it.

I learned a lot in the many hours it took to my my goldline model. Its not perfect but its pretty damn good. and I have no interest in seeing it on 15 different design posters at competition.

Use the technical drawings that have been passed around and make an initial model to determine clearances and such. Then buy the caliper and make your own model. Hell, make it better than mine.

If you think you have a really good reason why I should send you the model, please try me. Otherwise stop wasting your time asking for models on these forums and open up solidworks, pull out your calipers and start working. If you are doing it yourself and need help on some specific portion, ask away and I and others will be more than happy to assist