PDA

View Full Version : Correct diferential...

Matador UCV
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I want to know which kind of differential do you prefer, between torsen t1 and t2. Why? thanks

Matador UCV
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
I want to know which kind of differential do you prefer, between torsen t1 and t2. Why? thanks

Bubba
06-17-2005, 11:34 AM
IMO, T1 is far better for our application, bu depending on what your team is going for (ie- dirt cheap manufacturing process for marketing purposes) T2 may be worth considering. The gear-set of a T1 are smaller, lighter, and more concentrated to the axis of revolution meaning lower rotational inertia. More importantly, suppliers suggest that the T1 has a higher TBR than the T2 out of the box. I have never verified this with my own testing, but would like to if I had the money. Then again, deciding whether the TBR of the T2 is sufficient depends on a great deal of field testing with different suspension setups.

Assembly of the T1 can be a real pain in the ass, especially when you take it apart and reassemble it 4-5 times before getting to the competition, but it is damn easy to design a tight little package around the T1 gearset if you choose to not use the stock 012000 cast iron housing. Supposedly T2's are easy to assemble, but are probably difficult to find.

As for reliability and durability, I do not have any knowledge to share on the T2, but T1's hold up for a long time. We have a set that went in our car for 2 whole season's and still work like new.

Anyone else want to lay down their $0.02 ?

Erick Scarpone
06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I saw a University that was using a ATV Slip Diferential, i nevero got to ask them if ot worked good, or if the used a torsen diff in the past and feelt any important changes, in using the ATV or the Torsen, any coments on this, becouse one thing is shure. Using the ATV will reduce the weight on the transmision packege at least by half....but will it reduce power transmision to the ground or less grip on curves???? Any coments???