PDA

View Full Version : ricardo wave

aious
08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
we first year team from india .
can someone tell a free link or can send a dump of ricardo wave software?
if some one can give please reply to this post.
u can upload on

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> www.esnips.com (http://www.esnips.com) </pre>

urgent need

thanx

aious

Brett Neale
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
My god. The questions have sunk to new lows...

Simple - give Ricardo a call. They sponsor FSAE teams. If they don't give it to you, buy it.

JR @ CFS
08-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Brett,

What way is that to talk to a new member. Whatever happened to the welcoming spirit of FS/FSAE competitors! If you don't have something constructive to say, then don't say it at all!

Aious, I have an email somewhere from Ricardo with all the details of what you need to provide them and what they will provide you in return. I have just had a quick search through my email accounts and have been unable to find them, but I know one of our Alumni has all the contact details somewhere.

Welcome to the FS/FSAE community, good luck for the coming year and don't be scared off posting on this website at all. Just remember one thing before posting...Use the topic search function! This site has been running for years and thus has a great depth of information on everything you need to know.

JR

Grant Mahler
08-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by JR @ JLR:
Brett,

What way is that to talk to a new member. Whatever happened to the welcoming spirit of FS/FSAE competitors! If you don't have something constructive to say, then don't say it at all!

Aious, I have an email somewhere from Ricardo with all the details of what you need to provide them and what they will provide you in return. I have just had a quick search through my email accounts and have been unable to find them, but I know one of our Alumni has all the contact details somewhere.

Welcome to the FS/FSAE community, good luck for the coming year and don't be scared off posting on this website at all. Just remember one thing before posting...Use the topic search function! This site has been running for years and thus has a great depth of information on everything you need to know.

JR

JR,

The OP is asking for something illegal. I think that should be frowned on.

Pete Fodor
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Ricardo Wave is free for competitors just contact them administrative costs are something like £10. Only one license though.

If i were you I'd email india@ricardo.com and see if the local office can help you out with it. You might even get tech support. Just a thought
phone number +91 11 4014 1400.
alternatively try
Caepro Technologies Pvt Ltd

Caepro Technologies Pvt LtdBR>K510 Megacenter
Pune Solapur Road
Hadapsar
Pune 411 028
India

T: +91 20 2682 2650
F: +91 20 2682 2650

E: software@caepro.com
W: www.caepro.com (http://www.caepro.com)

http://www.ricardo.com/engineeringservices/software.asp...osoftwaresales-india (http://www.ricardo.com/engineeringservices/software.aspx?page=ricardosoftwaresales-india)

Other choices are AVL Boost which isn't that bad and they do provide universities with it for free.

and GT Power which i quite like because of its layout. Thought it will set you back a lil bit and I don't know how much anymore.

Also I do not condone the use of pirated engineering software. You can make your own with simulink

JR @ CFS
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Pete,

Appreciate the info!

JR

samphlett
08-26-2008, 04:18 AM
The info above isn't quite right. FSAE teams get 5 WAVE licenses, served from a central license server.

JamesWolak
08-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Pete Fodor:

and GT Power which i quite like because of its layout. Thought it will set you back a lil bit and I don't know how much anymore.

If you contact GT power they will give license for something like $50-100 and will also supply you with support

Brett Neale
08-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JR @ JLR:
Brett,

This guy's been around the traps for months asking for easily accessible (Google-able) information in an instant, with as little work on his part as possible. Asking about illegally acquiring software that companies like Ricardo work hard on developing, I think this is the sort of treatment he deserves.