PDA

View Full Version : The official FSAE BatRacer GRUDGEMATCH!

Dan G
06-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Ok, about a month has passed since competition, with West very close on the horizon. That means everyone is soon going to be jonesing for some extra car-related strategizing. So its time for a grudgematch!

The first season that some of us competed in was a learning exercise. Some of the players never signed in, so some "teams" had only one member and were seriously disadvantaged. This time around, rather than just posting up the game ID and password, I thought it'd be a good idea for people to team up first, then sign up together. This way you can know who your partner is and be sure you'll have a competitive season.

I've opened it up to my school first, just because I'm special. Right now we have 5 guys on 2.5 teams, I expect probably 1-3 more to sign up. So that will leave 7 teams, 14 player spots open.

The level of competition for this game should be a few notches higher than that first season. If you're up for the challenge, find a teammate, then post here or PM me and I'll send you the game ID and pass.

I was thinking we could start the game on Monday the 19th, since we'll probably need a couple days to fill the spots, and I'll be out of town in sunny Cali next weekend and don't want to have to find internet access each day while I'm there.

SpdRcr
06-09-2006, 01:17 PM
count me in, this outta me good. email is rbbell@unh.edu

Dan G
06-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I've had a few nibbles on this, we're now around 4 teams of 2. 7 open teams left, who wants in?

Neil S
06-14-2006, 09:05 AM
count me in if there is still room. nwsn74 at umr dot edu

Dan G
06-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Yes there's still room. I can't log in from work, but I'm thinking there's still about 5 teams of 2 left. Try to find a buddy to be your teammate Neil, it makes it more fun/competitive for you.

I'll send you the join up info.

JerryLH3
06-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Who needs a teammate? I see Williams is still available if anyone is game. I'd prefer not to join the game until I know I have a teammate.

Let me know...

jaimin
06-20-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm in. jaimin.x at gmail.com

DanG you wanna team up again? I think we might be able to takem this time around lol.

Neil S
06-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Where's Erich and Nick at, I know they want to get beat again. Kyle and Jared need to join up again too.

Dan G
06-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Jaimin, I already have a partner, one of my teammates from UM-D.

I haven't checked the game lately, but I'm sure we still have a bunch of spots open. I'm posting the info up to everyone now in hopes of filling the rest of the teams and getting the season going. I encourage you to find a teammate to sign up with you at the same time, you'll be much more competitive. If you don't have a teammate, try to sign up with someone that's already by themself, since they'll be more likely to communicate work as a team than the final stragglers at the end.

Here's the join-up info. I'd like to start the game on Wednesday if we can fill the roster by then. Remember to do your first race's practice session as soon as you've joined a team.

================================================== ========
Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&3658

Alternativly, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "3658" into the box. The game password is "briggs". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.

Dr Claw
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm up for another round of racing, i had a bunch of fun last time.

we only have 10 people registered right now though? where's the rest of you guys?

Dan G
06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok, we still have 3 one-man teams with strong leaders on each. If they're not already lining up a teammate, I suggest joining with them.

And there are still 4 completely empty teams left. Find a partner and sign up! Its fun, its pretty easy, and its competitive.

I think we should set the hard-cut on taking new drivers at 11pm this Friday. If we don't have enough by then, I'll just start the season short handed. If we do get every seat filled in, I'll start it up around 11pm the day it fills. There's no hurry to do your adjustments each day, you just need to log on for about 5-10 minutes each day.

How about some international players? Four empty teams, thats one each for South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.

Dan G
06-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&3658

Alternativly, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "3658" into the box. The game password is "briggs". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.
We still need a few more players for this. Sign up if you're interested.

andyman61
06-23-2006, 09:24 AM
if you haven't started yet, i'm in

aadpn6 at umr dot edu

Dan G
06-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Hasn't started yet Andy, just follow the instructions in the above post to sign up.

And bring some friends/teammates! I think we still needed 9 more people last night (13 signed up thus far).

Dan G
06-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok, grid is full, game should wrap itself every day at 11pm EST. Good luck everyone.