PDA

View Full Version : power commander problem

Khanjee
06-21-2013, 02:29 AM
we are a new team from Pakistan and we are using a cbr600rr 08 engine. we have bought a power commander to tune the engine. the problem is that, as ppl who have tuned a cbr600 engine with PCV may know, the tps has to be fixed on the restrictor with its spring fully recoiled, as the turning direction of the stock throttle and restrictor throttle differs. this is with the throttle plate fully closed. and so the tps whose output voltage increases with increasing throtle at stock now decreases at opening throttle at restrictor (meaning it has high voltage output at 0% throttle and low voltage @ WOT). Without the power commander the ecu seems to sense the this change and works accordingly and the engine runs fine (except that it runs rich). it revs when u open throttle and retards when u close it. but when u plug in the PCV and calibrate the tps. the engine runs too rich at idle and dies out when you open throttle even a little bit. To me it seems that the PCV is throwing fuel assuming that the throttle is fully open.

one more thing i wud like to clarify is that to calibrate the tps i've put a higher value of voltage in the min value box and the lower value at the max value box. this method atleast made the PCV read 0% tp when it is closed an 100% when its fully open, but the engine still throws out fuel at zero throttle as if it was fully open. i've also tried calibrating it with max value at max value of the same for min, which make PCV read 100% tp at closed throttle and 0% at fully open. but the response is same in both the cases.

would really appreciate if sum1 could guide us a little bit.

Jon @ Electromotive, Inc.
06-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Swap the 5v and ground lead to the TPS and the voltage output will work the way it did on the stock intake (low voltage when closed and high voltage when open).

Khanjee
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
already did that,the fuel pump does not prime with that setting. even the trend does not change, the voltage is high at closed throttle and low at wide open. the only difference is that the sensor output is 0.9V max at closed position and drops to zero at about 30% throttle

MarkSchaumburg
06-27-2013, 11:04 AM
If you have hall-effect TPS, switching the leads will not work, and might damage the sensor.