PDA

View Full Version : Solid Edge Tubing Command Question???

boxsterb1
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
For those of you out there with solid edge we are having trouble using the tubing command in Version 16. If you have any experience we would apprcieate some input in to how to better use the feature. Our only other option is to maniipulate planes which we dont want to do. Please help

boxsterb1
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
For those of you out there with solid edge we are having trouble using the tubing command in Version 16. If you have any experience we would apprcieate some input in to how to better use the feature. Our only other option is to maniipulate planes which we dont want to do. Please help

TG
10-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm using SolidEdge v17 in my CAD class... my advise is to use SolidWorks.

spayce
10-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Boxster,

If it's 2d you can draw the tube centreline in a sketch and use the "plane normal to curve" function. Select the plane, draw the tube profile and either extrude it as a solid from the sketch if it's straight, or use the swept protrusion function (if it's got bends).

Other advise is to use the smart fit, not the fast fit toolbar option if there's one...seems to be a generic issue.

jayce

scogib
01-30-2011, 04:22 AM
I have seen some tutorials on solidedge; I am not impressed. I have found that solidworks, autocad 2010 and inventer are much better programs. solidedge is over priced, over rated. solidedge has only one thing that stands out, which not a big priority, that is surface modeling or texture. If this drafting program is so good, why is that most all colleges and universities STILL teach autocad, solidworks, and inventer? i will answer that. because these programs are better. that's why.

Mazur
01-30-2011, 11:00 AM
SolidEdge sucks. I was taught on it and quickly made the switch to SolidWorks. Never looked back. Plus, you'll be a lot more marketable with SolidWorks experience.

Ben K
01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Solidedge. The lovechild of NX and Google Sketchup.

Seriously switch to SW. You will thank me later.

Ben