PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Alignment

Infinity
05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Wheel Alignment is probably the most troubling part for suspension manufacturer. I have been trying to align the wheels but after every run they tend to misalign. Also the driver feels the skidding feeling at the rear. Can nyone suggest anything for keeping the rear wheel straight? The Toe and the camber both are getting effected at the bump or rebound. Ny suggestions please?

Infinity
05-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Wheel Alignment is probably the most troubling part for suspension manufacturer. I have been trying to align the wheels but after every run they tend to misalign. Also the driver feels the skidding feeling at the rear. Can nyone suggest anything for keeping the rear wheel straight? The Toe and the camber both are getting effected at the bump or rebound. Ny suggestions please?

Jersey Tom
05-31-2007, 07:39 AM
Do you mean you're having difficulty with the linkage design and getting rid of bump steer.. or the car somehow 'misaligns' itself while driving.. or theres compliance?

Infinity
06-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I mean I have difficulty with getting rid of bump steer at rear wheels. can u suggest something to rectify it ?

kwancho
06-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Solid axle.

Horace
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't know your suspension setup, but is your toe link setup correctly for minimal bump steer?

NickM-UTSA
06-08-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/longtech3.htm

Maybe this can help you a little.

Infinity
06-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I minimized the bump steer at the front end using the same principle that " tie rod must follow the same arc" but the rear has no tie rod so i am not sure why the bump steer effect takes place! Ny suggestions for improvement.

JHarshbarger
06-12-2007, 10:32 AM
I would try to put your rear suspension into a solid modeling program as close to the final design as possible and move it through its verticle motion. Adjust the toe control link until you get the bump steer minimized, then replicate it on your car. If you're running a link off of the a-arm to the upright, you should have the least bump steer when the link is in the plane of the a-arm it is mounted on.

John Valerio
06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Infinity:
the rear has no tie rod
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh are you sure? any pics?

Kurt Bilinski
06-12-2007, 01:19 PM
If the rear end is moving around, and you really don't have a toe-link, then if you're using trailing links, they can cause it, too. Make sure there's no compliance anywhere - no rubber bushings! Also check the obvious, all the bolts tight and air in the tires (which isn't obvious due to the low weight.)

Yup, need pictures.

skillet
06-17-2007, 07:23 PM
add a tie rod!