PDA

View Full Version : Engine doesn't start. Something to do with ECU??

kUpUnK
07-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Hello n greetings,

im having problem with our FSAE engine. We are using Honda CBR600 F4i equipped with Power Commander piggy back system. We did rewiring according to the stock wiring diagram with a bit modification for switches. The problem that, the fuel pump doesn't work and no spark produced the ignition coil. We check to the fuel cut relay, it supposed to give 12v supply to the fuel pump, but it doesn't even the relay is working. the MIL (malfunction indicator light) doesn't blink at all, it just lights on still. Does anyone ever experienced this matter??

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
07-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Use the search function of this forum. There have been quite a few similar topics in the past. Basically where your problem probably originates is the anti-theft system of the motorcycle.

kUpUnK
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Thx my fren for the reply..i searched for the older post, and already got the idea..

thx again http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

js10coastr
07-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Test your wiring harness.

farides
07-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi,

I'm from FSAE team Malaysia. We are using engine Honda CBR600 F4i. Currently, we managed to run the engine but the engine is really unstable. The thing is when we test the engine with full throttle (butterfly valve wide open), engine sounds like idling, low rpm but when we close the valve,meaning 0% throttle,engine revs up wildly n uncontrolable until we need to switch off the main switch to stop it. Has anyone experience this problem?

Second thing that we noticed is, the MIL blinks that relates to some sensor which are;
a) 1 time blink - MAP sensor
b) 7 times - ECT sensor
c) 8 times - TP sensor
d) 9 times - IAT sensor

when we check to the circuit diagram, all these sensors connect to G/O wire that connect to the ECU. Anyone know the function of G/O wire?

Hope you guys can help us. thank you.

Rex
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM
If the engine revs wildly and uncontrollably with the butterfly valve physically closed, then you have far more than electrical issues...

Check for air leaks and things of that nature. No matter what the ECU is doing, the engine can't "rev wildly" without air.

farides
08-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Thanks a lot rex. we will check for any air leak might happened. I think maybe that cause from our intake system.

but, anyone here knows what is the function of G/0 wire that connected between ecu & map sensor, ect sensor, TP sensor and IAT sensor?

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
The only wire that would be shared among the listed sensors would be a common sensor ground wire.

MAP and TP sensors will also share a wire that is probably +5V sensor supply voltage.

farides
08-29-2007, 11:31 AM
thanks a lot dan deussen. So far, we already managed to start the engine.
http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Lucas0079
02-05-2008, 04:22 AM
kUpUnK - Did you ever get your engine running? I have been experiencing the same problems. I have been through the entire wiring diagram, read on the forums about the anti-theft device, etc. I used a transformer and sent the 9.0v to the pink wire that everyone talks about to bypass it and I still have the same problems. The MIL light stays lit and the fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors, etc do not go to ground through the ECU to operate. I can operate each one individually but the ECU seems locked out and not telling them to function. I would appreciate any help.

Lucas0079
02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Another question is that if battery voltage was sent through the pink wire, would that damage the ECU or instrument cluster?