PDA

View Full Version : Battery choice

cao123
04-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Hi guys

I am Ronnie, from UK,and next year will be the first entry in Formula Student competition for me and my university. We are just at the beginning stage and focusing on battery currently, so can you give me some advice?

Basically we need help on:

1.Recommend some suitable batteries or what are the most popular batteries choice among teams?
2.Rough data about required energy, average voltage in different events like acceleration and endurance?
3.Recommend Some good battery manufacturers from who we can buy batteries as well as attachments like charger or BMS?

Regards

Ronnie

cao123
04-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Hi guys

I am Ronnie, from UK,and next year will be the first entry in Formula Student competition for me and my university. We are just at the beginning stage and focusing on battery currently, so can you give me some advice?

Basically we need help on:

1.Recommend some suitable batteries or what are the most popular batteries choice among teams?
2.Rough data about required energy, average voltage in different events like acceleration and endurance?
3.Recommend Some good battery manufacturers from who we can buy batteries as well as attachments like charger or BMS?

Regards

Ronnie

Dsenechal
04-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Duralast - Built to LAST

Crispy
04-21-2012, 10:19 AM
You might want to add a bit more context to your question. It's not even that clear if you are building a combustion or electric car.

I'm guessing you have already done some research on your own, if so, talk about it. You are much more likely to get a reasonable response if you demonstrate you have already done some work and are not just looking for a handout.

That said, the 2011 FSG event guide (http://www.formulastudent.de/uploads/media/FSG_2011_Programme_Magazine_S_01.pdf) has general specs on each car, and hopefully you have read the rules.

TMichaels
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Ronnie,
double posting in two forums which have a great overlap in users is not nice.

As Chris said:
Be more specific and do your homework first. Your post reads as if you are expecting a hand-out.

Adambomb
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
This is the best post ever on batteries for FSAE.

Battery! (http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/51510300241?r=93510300241#93510300241)