PDA

View Full Version : Claude Roulle seminar for Indian FSAE teams.

Shashi
09-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Hello all.

This is to inform everyone of the proposed Claude Roulle seminar scheduled somewhere in January. It is a 5 day seminar with a fee of 300$. For the seminar to take place, a minimum of 50 participants are required.

The reason I am posting here is the lack of response from Indian FSAE teams, due to reasons I dont know.

If any of you are interested, please let me know at shashi.maurya@orion-racing.com.

Fred G
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Will this be held in India?

Shashi
09-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Yes.

It will be held in India. Members from all over are welcome. Regarding the venue, it has not been finalised yet. I will keep posting as soon as any development takes place.

Shashi
12-22-2009, 04:38 AM
So the seminar details are finalised:-

- Dates - 8-12 March 2010
- Venue - Automotive Research Association of India(ARAI), Pune.
- Fees - INR 10000/-, approximately 215$.

I still am not sure about the mode of payment. I'll post as soon as I know.

Claude Rouelle was the Chief Design Judge for FSAE India for those Indian teams who do not know yet.

Parth B
01-19-2010, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Shashi:
So the seminar details are finalised:-

- Dates - 8-12 March 2010
- Venue - Automotive Research Association of India(ARAI), Pune.
- Fees - INR 10000/-, approximately 215$.

I still am not sure about the mode of payment. I'll post as soon as I know.

Claude Rouelle was the Chief Design Judge for FSAE India for those Indian teams who do not know yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you for this information.

would you give me some details such as

- are they providing accommodation in these fees?
- is there any concession on fees if 4-5 members from one team are participating in seminar?
- will videos of these lectures be available after completion of seminar?

thank you. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shashi
01-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Here's the brochure.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2545...or-Sport-Engineering (http://www.scribd.com/doc/25458692/Brochure-ARAI-Certificate-Course-Vehicle-Dynamics-Motor-Sport-Engineering)

- are they providing accommodation in these fees?

No. You'll easily find one near the seminar venue.

- is there any concession on fees if 4-5 members from one team are participating in seminar?
- will videos of these lectures be available after completion of seminar?

You should contact the address given in the brochure for this.

PatClarke
01-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Parth,
I am not speaking for Claude, but as the organiser of several seminars with him, I pretty well know the deal.
1. Accommodation? No deal, you will have to find your own bed and board. He will provide lunch, I think.
2. Discounts for quantity? You are already getting a BIG discount for quantity, hence the requirement for 50 attendees. These seminars usually cost about $2,000 a person! Claude does these special seminars for us as a service to the FS/FSAE community.
3. Videos. Probably not and in any case, when you see how the seminar works you would realise a video aould be difficult to comprehend. Claude will provide you with a HUGE file of notes and slide dumps from the seminar, and you should use these to make notes. He may also give you access to some software and Exell spreadsheets that will be of use to you.

Be prepared, these seminars are FULL ON. You will start early and finish late. Often attendees will go with him for dinner (you pay =]) and so the seminar may unofficially go well into the evening. You WILL have trouble concentrating for hours on end. Claude will tell you jokes occasionally to help you concentrate, but be warned, some will be terrible and some will be disgraceful. Ask him the one about the French gynacologist.

There has been much criticism of Indian teams in recent months. Often their defense is 'We don't know where to get the information' etc. Well, here is your chance. For 1,000 Rupees you are getting an uncalculable value in information! Don't miss the chance!

Pat

Parth B
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by PatClarke:
Parth,
I am not speaking for Claude, but as the organiser of several seminars with him, I pretty well know the deal.
1. Accommodation? No deal, you will have to find your own bed and board. He will provide lunch, I think.
2. Discounts for quantity? You are already getting a BIG discount for quantity, hence the requirement for 50 attendees. These seminars usually cost about $2,000 a person! Claude does these special seminars for us as a service to the FS/FSAE community.
3. Videos. Probably not and in any case, when you see how the seminar works you would realise a video aould be difficult to comprehend. Claude will provide you with a HUGE file of notes and slide dumps from the seminar, and you should use these to make notes. He may also give you access to some software and Exell spreadsheets that will be of use to you.

Be prepared, these seminars are FULL ON. You will start early and finish late. Often attendees will go with him for dinner (you pay =]) and so the seminar may unofficially go well into the evening. You WILL have trouble concentrating for hours on end. Claude will tell you jokes occasionally to help you concentrate, but be warned, some will be terrible and some will be disgraceful. Ask him the one about the French gynacologist.

There has been much criticism of Indian teams in recent months. Often their defense is 'We don't know where to get the information' etc. Well, here is your chance. For 1,000 Rupees you are getting an uncalculable value in information! Don't miss the chance!

Pat

thank you for this information sir.

Killer
01-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by PatClarke:
For 1,000 Rupees you are getting an uncalculable value in information! Don't miss the chance!

Pat

Respected Sir,
It is Rs 10,000 (My hostel fees for 3 years!)and that is a huge amount.We,ll have to pay for the travel and accommodation( for 5 days).I was very interested in attending this seminar as we will be participating in FSAE India for the first time this year.
When the going gets tough ..the tough get going.We will have to manage without this.

exFSAE
02-20-2010, 08:46 AM
The more posts I see here, the more this sort of thing seems desperately needed.

Given that the professional rate for these seminars is 60,000 - 90,000 Rs per person.. you're getting a damn good deal. If you can't front the bill yourself, see if you can get a sponsor or your university to chip in some of it.

Adambomb
02-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Killer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PatClarke:
For 1,000 Rupees you are getting an uncalculable value in information! Don't miss the chance!

Pat

Respected Sir,
It is Rs 10,000 (My hostel fees for 3 years!)and that is a huge amount.We,ll have to pay for the travel and accommodation( for 5 days).I was very interested in attending this seminar as we will be participating in FSAE India for the first time this year.
When the going gets tough ..the tough get going.We will have to manage without this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked a conversion website, and 10,000 Rs came to $217 US. This may sound like a lot...but to put things into perspective, the special discount for FSAE students in the US is $475 US (IF you have at least 3 people from your school going). The regular professional rate is $1550.

Individuals funding themselves is hard though, I will admit. What we've done though is have the team pay for a couple people a year to go, then they can split rooms and transportation too. I think the first step is simply for an individual to step up and think this is a good idea, but in the end it's better to have the team come together to decide that footing the bill to send one or two people will make the team more competitive.

Also, remember, this is an educational conference, therefore you may have a better chance of having the school pay a portion of it, it has worked for us.

But be forewarned though, definitely make sure you send your best people...it is a very hard core presentation, and if you aren't already familiar (and passionately interested, and curious to learn more...a lot more), a lot of it could just go over your head.

The_Man
02-26-2010, 04:03 AM
If you are coming here PM/e-mail me. May be we can co-ordinate travel etc.