PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear tyre data - excel problems

Flash
04-20-2004, 06:04 PM
We have been sent the standard FSAE tyre data by Bill Bedont from Goodyear for Adams. The adams files work fine, however we can't get the excel spreadsheet to open. It requires macros to be enabled, but then comes up with error 13 and locks up. Bill Bedont told me it is the same as sent to every other fsae team which has it. It does the same thing on all computers (Win XP, 2000, etc.).

Has anyone else struck this problem, or more importantly, found a solution?

I'm sure a lot of the teams are flat out preparing for Detroit, but if you could help out we would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Matt Houston
Chief Engineer
University of Auckland

Flash
04-20-2004, 06:04 PM
We have been sent the standard FSAE tyre data by Bill Bedont from Goodyear for Adams. The adams files work fine, however we can't get the excel spreadsheet to open. It requires macros to be enabled, but then comes up with error 13 and locks up. Bill Bedont told me it is the same as sent to every other fsae team which has it. It does the same thing on all computers (Win XP, 2000, etc.).

Has anyone else struck this problem, or more importantly, found a solution?

I'm sure a lot of the teams are flat out preparing for Detroit, but if you could help out we would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Matt Houston
Chief Engineer
University of Auckland

Buckingham
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
We were having some problems with our excel file as well, different problems though. To solve the problem we scrapped Goodyear's excel program and wrote our own program to read the data files.

Denny Trimble
04-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Wow, I just tried the spreadsheet we got last year, which worked then, and on two computers it says "This is an ILLEGAL version. Exit Now" and won't open. They must have put an expiration date into the VBA code that runs the spreadsheet.

Guess we'll ask for more, or perhaps take dhaidinger's approach and plot the data ourselves.

Charlie
04-24-2004, 04:36 AM
Change your PC's date

Flash
04-24-2004, 04:02 PM
We have managed to open the basic sheet, by holding down shift when you open it (disables macros I think). We can work with that for now, maybe I'll get one of the guys to write a program for it.

Cheers,

Matt Houston
University of Auckland

V2 - Italy
04-25-2004, 02:18 AM
Could someone send me the GoodYear Adams data?
I like to compare them with the old ones we have.

Daniele