PDA

View Full Version : Flow bench

Anirudh
12-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey everyone.
I intend to setup a flow bench in the college. Can anyone tell me where I can get started if I am building the flow bench using manometers and not sensors, as it is not feasible for us to do so.

Anyone who has already built a flow bench, could you please tell me some of the working difficulties that I might encounter in the setting-up of the flow bench.

Also I was wondering why the pressure drop for the flow bench is generally taken to be 14" to 28" of water.Are these values used by most teams?

Anirudh Raut.
Engine Team,
Formula Manipal.

Anirudh
12-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey everyone.
I intend to setup a flow bench in the college. Can anyone tell me where I can get started if I am building the flow bench using manometers and not sensors, as it is not feasible for us to do so.

Anyone who has already built a flow bench, could you please tell me some of the working difficulties that I might encounter in the setting-up of the flow bench.

Also I was wondering why the pressure drop for the flow bench is generally taken to be 14" to 28" of water.Are these values used by most teams?

Anirudh Raut.
Engine Team,
Formula Manipal.

kapps
12-14-2008, 01:53 PM
We take all our measurements from 28" of water. Can't really help with building one though.