PDA

View Full Version : Query in breaking .

rahul jagwani
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I have a query that is it compulsory to use two separate master cylinders for breaking purpose?
Or we can use A single master cylinder with two separate oil reservoir?

Claude Rouelle
11-03-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't know If I have to cry or to laugh....

What do you think that 2 reservoirs would do with one master-cylinder? What would the benefit be?

Why do you think that 2 master cylinders are mandatory?

Why not 2 reservoirs with one master-cylinder? http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I know that there is a possible education, cultural or simply experience issue here (you are from India) but that doesn't prevent you to make your brain work and present the question in a more elaborate way BY TRYING TO ALREADY, IN PART AT LEAST, ANSWER THE QUESTION and come with your own elements of response.

Please do not stop asking question but make it a bit more in depth by adding elements of your own research and thinking "would this be because of this or that...." Otherwise you (and your teachers) look not only dumb (sorry for my directness) and even worse unnecessary demanding and entitled, and therefore rejected and unappreciated by the community.

rahul jagwani
11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I respect your answer sir and i will make a meaning full question for the same soon.

Markus
11-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Another car breaking... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

No wonder there's so many DNF's nowadays.

Warpspeed
11-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't let them discourage you Rahul.

The general idea is to have two completely separate hydraulic systems, so that of one leaks or loses pressure, the other still works.

That can be done with two independent master cylinders, or with a single master cylinder that has twin pistons (one behind the other) and two separate brake fluid reservoirs. Both are acceptable solutions.

Rahul, the English langage can be very difficult to learn.
BRAKING is slowing down.
BREAKING is when things smash, crash, or come violently apart.