PDA

View Full Version : Kill switches

Colin
04-17-2005, 03:55 PM
I've got two questions in relation to the kill switch rules, the first is about the secondary or driver kill switch the rules state that it must kill the power to the ignition and fuel pump and can act through a relay we've always run a rotary type kill switch here but it sounds like a small ignition switch is fine what do other teams run?
Also the photo in the rules shows a rotary kill switch that has terminals that ground the alternator output how many teams run this type of kill switch?

Agent4573
04-17-2005, 06:25 PM
for our driver kill, we run a small radio shack momentary pushbutton (maybe 1/2 in diameter) through a latching relay. When the button is switched it just kills the relay which shuts the car off. dash, ecu, everything.

Erich Ohlde
04-17-2005, 10:16 PM
For our driver kill. we have a toggle with a safety cover that kills power to the car through your standard bosch automotive relay.
I wouldn't ground the alternator output.
I connect the alternator to the positive lead on the battery and then from the batter to the rotary master kill switch. Grounding the alternator output would melt your wire (no resistance-direct short)