PDA

View Full Version : Susprog3d - corner weight variations due to caster

nos
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

This is quite a specific question for susprog -

Im trying to get a handle on the variation in static corner weights for a given steer angle. I'm wanting to find how this varies with a changing caster angle, but can't seem to find anyway of getting susprog to output this.

Ive tried doing the dynamic calc for very low lateral accelerations with and without the wheels steered, but it gives the same corner weights regardless (i think this is due to the fact it's only working out the load transfer, which doesn't rely on the static weight...)

If anyone can give me a pointer, that'd be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dean
Suspension Leader
Redback Racing - UNSW FSAE

nos
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi all,

This is quite a specific question for susprog -

Im trying to get a handle on the variation in static corner weights for a given steer angle. I'm wanting to find how this varies with a changing caster angle, but can't seem to find anyway of getting susprog to output this.

Ive tried doing the dynamic calc for very low lateral accelerations with and without the wheels steered, but it gives the same corner weights regardless (i think this is due to the fact it's only working out the load transfer, which doesn't rely on the static weight...)

If anyone can give me a pointer, that'd be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dean
Suspension Leader
Redback Racing - UNSW FSAE

SusProg3D
02-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Dean,

About the only data that SusProg3D has for this situation is an indication of the amount of rise or fall of the upright as the wheels are steered.

nos
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Bob,

I'd seen that, but was hoping that there was a more detailed way of looking at it...

Spose I can work with that then.

Thanks,

Dean