PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Wave error: Valve Lift Arrays Inconsistent

GETracing
12-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum so pardon me for mistakes.

I got following problem:

In Ricardo Wave, when is run the Input Check, it always says to me this error:

*Valve lift arrays incosistent
*last point of VLI2 must be greater than max valve lift
*valve #1 : Dvalve = 25.0 [mm] Max L/D = 0.336 VLI2 <NV2> = 0.00

What does that mean and how can I fix that?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mbirt
12-23-2011, 08:12 PM
The L/D values are from your flow coefficient array, found by clicking the next button below the lift profile button for a given valve. Click the Tag button and load the values for the "performance" engine as a bit of a diagnostic check. See if you still get the error with the expanded C/D range given in the WAVE-provided coefficient array.

GETracing
12-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Thx, it worked !

GETracing
12-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Now I got a new problem. Maybe it's better to attach a picture than explaining the problem.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OFppNrgVs6A/TvnEct4NoVI/AAAAAAAAAFU/JR-iOMHgE8E/s665/Failure.jpg

Mbirt
12-27-2011, 07:39 AM
I don't have access to Wave or its help files while I'm home for the holidays, but the problem, as you've probably noticed, is the "zero/negative temperature detected". Does "WV3:ENGSUM # 1" correspond to an element name or a properties/variables in the case setup? I would double check all values for that element or variable and look for properties that are way off from what you would expect. If everything looks fine, I would turn off all thermal solvers for the model and manually set (wall, initial, etc) temperatures for each element.

GETracing
12-28-2011, 05:03 AM
I looked up all values, and just for getting started i set up all values for temperature at 300 K. I wanted to add the right temperatures later.

I don't have any "WV3:ENGSUM # 1" value in my constants table. I think the problem is, that the propty temperature zero/negative is, but i don't know what that is.

What dows the warning "W*** AUTO-CONVERGENCE CONDITIONS NOT MET" mean?

And how to i turn off thermal solvers? As i mentioned, all the temperatures are set to 300 K.

shailen
11-17-2012, 09:14 AM
thank you guys !!