PDA

View Full Version : sidepod calculations

neeraj
03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
recently i have been busy figuring out the way to decide the sidepod dimensions for our twin paralell raditor system and i am almost through with it but i just wanted to make sure cause i am not getting enough pressure drop inside it (i am getting only 10N/m2).
we have two 10"*9" rad.(core area) with total width 12.5". i have decided the opening to be 7"*7"(got it by assuming it) with a angle of 6.5 degrees and the end dimension as 13"*11"(width * height) with lenght of 70cm.
i applied bernaullies to find the drop.

friction factor-.015
air velocity- 16m/s(have assumed equal at inlet and face of radiator)
equivalent dia-9.9"

thus frictional head loss is 0.6 m.

is this correct??

also how to decide the RAKE angle and how can we increase the efficiency of the sidepod.

(SORRY FOR THE HUGE ESSAY)

neeraj
03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
recently i have been busy figuring out the way to decide the sidepod dimensions for our twin paralell raditor system and i am almost through with it but i just wanted to make sure cause i am not getting enough pressure drop inside it (i am getting only 10N/m2).
we have two 10"*9" rad.(core area) with total width 12.5". i have decided the opening to be 7"*7"(got it by assuming it) with a angle of 6.5 degrees and the end dimension as 13"*11"(width * height) with lenght of 70cm.
i applied bernaullies to find the drop.

friction factor-.015
air velocity- 16m/s(have assumed equal at inlet and face of radiator)
equivalent dia-9.9"

thus frictional head loss is 0.6 m.

is this correct??

also how to decide the RAKE angle and how can we increase the efficiency of the sidepod.

(SORRY FOR THE HUGE ESSAY)