PDA

View Full Version : DiFFF

ShdMerc
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi, My friend is providing a bill from his auto parts shop fr a Torsen diff.Will it be accepted.Plz reply my import runouts will reduce.Thank you

ShdMerc
04-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi, My friend is providing a bill from his auto parts shop fr a Torsen diff.Will it be accepted.Plz reply my import runouts will reduce.Thank you

Drew Price
04-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Plz see this thread:

h t t p ://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/87720867941

What are you asking??? Will what be accepted? You need to be MUCH more specific, or you will only be ignored on this forum.

ShdMerc
04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
I mean to say a "BILL".Or do I need someting frm official torsen.Plz help me out..

Ben K
04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
The competition does not need receipts. Total cost is determined via spreadsheets given by the competition.

To repeat: NO MORE RECEIPTS!

Ben

ShdMerc
04-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Thank you Ben, I'll go fr it.

Drew Price
04-17-2011, 05:06 PM
That's the spirit!

Spetsnazos
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
No receipts bro...

cvargas
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Kolodner:
The competition does not need receipts. Total cost is determined via spreadsheets given by the competition.

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like there is a lot of room for lying then or am I wrong?

Spetsnazos
04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Santorican:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Kolodner:

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like there is a lot of room for lying then or am I wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are Engineering students. We dont lie...

Ben K
04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spetsnazos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Santorican:

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like there is a lot of room for lying then or am I wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are Engineering students. We dont lie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correction: It is much better since it is standardized. Before--if students were donated $10k of Carbon Fiber, they could say the total cost of the vehicle was much less since they didn't pay for it. Although this might be more work, it is by far worth it in terms of fairness.

Ben

moose
04-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Correction: It is much better since it is standardized. Before--if students were donated $10k of Carbon Fiber, they could say the total cost of the vehicle was much less since they didn't pay for it. Although this might be more work, it is by far worth it in terms of fairness.

Ben </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me preface this by saying I think the new method is better & fairer than before.

However, in the past you couldn't submit saying carbon fiber was "free" so that part of the car was free. You were supposed to put a retail cost against it. Certain materials (Carbon being one) had a cost / sq ft.

Directly from the 06-07 rules: "Purchased Used, Donated or “Pirated” Parts – Use the full retail cost of a “new” part of exactly the same specification."

On top of that, Steel, AL, composites & engines each had a standard rate.

It wasn't a complete race to see who could get more receipts showing something was free

It still comes down to the judges finding things missing/BS. I.E. if a team threw in a receipt for Goodyear's from their local Sears @
50/tire that wouldn't fly if they're running slicks.