PDA

View Full Version : FSAE-Australasia 2007 Proposed Dates

oz_olly
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been in contact with FSAE-A and have been informed that the competition will most probably occur over the dates 13th to 16th Dec 07. The competition being a week later caused massive problems for the UNSW@ADFA team last year and almost meant we couldn't compete, I anticipate we will suffer the same problems this year. I would just like to gather thoughts from the rest of the Aussie teams as to whether or not they think the dates should go back as per 2004/2005. If possible please provide your teams reasoning either way.

Cheers

Michael Olsen

Team Leader
ACME Racing
UNSW@ADFA

oz_olly
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been in contact with FSAE-A and have been informed that the competition will most probably occur over the dates 13th to 16th Dec 07. The competition being a week later caused massive problems for the UNSW@ADFA team last year and almost meant we couldn't compete, I anticipate we will suffer the same problems this year. I would just like to gather thoughts from the rest of the Aussie teams as to whether or not they think the dates should go back as per 2004/2005. If possible please provide your teams reasoning either way.

Cheers

Michael Olsen

Team Leader
ACME Racing
UNSW@ADFA

PatClarke
02-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi Michael,
Rather than posting here, where most readers either have no clout or really have no opinion about when the Aus event is held, would you not be better off to make a formal submission to SAE-A?
The later date this year suited some teams and not others. One of the main reasons was to avoid a clash with the Tasman Revival rece meeting (not on this year) and a round of the V8 supercars. This might seem to be of little concern to us, but in fact would have taken away most of our senior judges (including yours truly).
There was an understanding that a change of date for the Aus comp would have allowed some overseas judges to attend as it would avoid a clash with a motorsports trade function in the US, but this did not happen and so will not be a factor in future planning.
BTW, I understand Ron T. and I are coming to visit ADFA soon =]
Regards
Pat