PDA

View Full Version : '03 Yamaha R6 ProEngineer file

skyliner34gtr
11-09-2007, 03:22 AM
hi, our team need a ProE file of Yamaha R6, can any1 tell me where to download it? or can any1 who is using Yamaha R6 engine tell me the size of this engine such as the length, the width, and the height?

thank you very much

drivetrainUW-Platt
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Cant you just measure the lenght/width yourself?

BTW, nonone "needs" anything, makes you just sound desperate. "want" would be a better word to say.

skyliner34gtr
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by drivetrainUW-Platt:
Cant you just measure the lenght/width yourself?

BTW, nonone "needs" anything, makes you just sound desperate. "want" would be a better word to say.

thx for ur advices, we want to buy one, so we need to konw the size of it

benjo
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Look at the sticky posts in this forum, in the first couple of posts there is a link to an 03 R6 engine. Be careful if your using a different year as I'm not sure how much has changed, from 03-05 engines you should be okay but there was a change in 06 and I'm not certain how much changed.

http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/99010410831

overdrive535
11-10-2007, 12:09 AM
From 05 to 06 they changed enough to be a problem if you want to design from the model(our new 06 came in yesterday). Externally, they're almost identical, the major difference being the engine mounts. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on e-bay and compare them. However, as others have said before me, don't trust that 03 R6 model blindly, because it has errors.

skyliner34gtr
11-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by overdrive535:
From 05 to 06 they changed enough to be a problem if you want to design from the model(our new 06 came in yesterday). Externally, they're almost identical, the major difference being the engine mounts. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on e-bay and compare them. However, as others have said before me, don't trust that 03 R6 model blindly, because it has errors.

is it possible for you to get the dimensions of the engine, such as the height, the length, and the width, for me? i want to know the size of it before we can make a decision to buy it?

thank you very much

overdrive535
11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I did some quick checking when it came in last week and compared it to our '05. The two of them have (from as near as I can tell using a tape measure) identical case external dimensions with the exception of the front motor mounts, which means all you have to do is download the '03 R6 file that is posted on the web and measure it up in software. Just make sure that whatever you are measuring isn't a part that is known to be inaccurate. That list is posted somewhere on the forums I believe, all you have to do is search for it.

The engine file is a Solidworks file, so you'll have to use solidworks to convert it into a STEP file to open it in Pro-E.

Mike Hart
11-16-2007, 04:37 PM
The 03 model that's up on here is relatively accurate, but I wouldn't go getting diff boxes or anything cut from it's coordinates. We measured up our 05 to really high accuracy and compared it to the model. The top mounts and gearbox mounts are fairly close (give or take 5mm or so) but the sump split line is way out. The actual sump line is about 10-15mm off the model one.