PDA

View Full Version : CCDB Springs

Dash
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knew where to buy springs for the CCDB that came in increments of like 25lbs? On the website they are sold in increments of 50lbs, which may be a little more than I wanted. Note: I'm looking for springs in the range of 300 - 500 lb/in .

Thanks

Dash
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knew where to buy springs for the CCDB that came in increments of like 25lbs? On the website they are sold in increments of 50lbs, which may be a little more than I wanted. Note: I'm looking for springs in the range of 300 - 500 lb/in .

Thanks

Luniz
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
Most bicycle springs with an id of about 36mm will fit the CCDB. Just be sure to look for the correct stroke.

Jay Lawrence
03-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Have you considered getting some made? We have had quite a few custom wound over the years, much of it for free

STRETCH
03-22-2012, 06:11 AM
We got a selection from H&R which fitted the cane creeks perfectly, and in 25lb increments. 300-500 sounds mega stiff though!

Dash
03-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Yeah, its a little on the high side. Motion ratio ended up being lower than I wanted but I had to just deal with it, and with that term being squared it only gets worse! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Just wanted a few sets for tuning.

bminus
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Ohlins has spring kits, as shown on their website. Just contact a vendor for which kit you want. I don't remember how much we paid last year, but it was reasonable.
http://www.ohlinsusa.com/ohlins-ttx-25-fsae

Warpspeed
03-25-2012, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dash:
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knew where to buy springs that came in increments of like 25lbs? I'm looking for springs in the range of 300 - 500 lb/in .

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is a mighty fine increment in spring rate.

How about making the motion ratio adjustable over a very small range?
Maybe some alternative holes somewhere.
That way, you can probably get away with using standard readily available springs in 50 Lb increments. Fewer springs mean fewer dollars.

Dash
03-26-2012, 06:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warpspeed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dash:
Hey guys, I was curious if anyone knew where to buy springs that came in increments of like 25lbs? I'm looking for springs in the range of 300 - 500 lb/in .

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is a mighty fine increment in spring rate.

How about making the motion ratio adjustable over a very small range?
Maybe some alternative holes somewhere.
That way, you can probably get away with using standard readily available springs in 50 Lb increments. Fewer springs mean fewer dollars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll definitely be looking into having at least 1 alternate set of holes on the next design. I'm in a crunch right now. Managed to find some from a mountain bike site that weren't too bad!