PDA

View Full Version : Tire Consortium and Car Sim

Gmen
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Does anyone have any procedures/literature into how to properly enter tire data from the tire consortium into car sim. I have gone through the help files with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Mike

Gmen
10-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Does anyone have any procedures/literature into how to properly enter tire data from the tire consortium into car sim. I have gone through the help files with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Mike

Alan
10-23-2007, 02:16 PM
If you have access to Simulink, you can make your own tire block and connect it to the CarSim "S-function" block. This way gives you the most freedom to do whatever you need to do to get the tire model you want. Otherwise you can expand out the force curves into a set of discrete 2-d curves and import them that way.

exFSAE
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
What input does carsim expect?

Alan
10-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Its been a while but if I remember correctly, the simplest outputs would be normal load, slip, and camber for each tire. Then a tire block could feed back the appropriate force and moment data for each tire (lateral, aligning moment, etc...).

Isn't it Obvious?!
10-23-2007, 10:50 PM
So you guys aren't entering the coefficients listed in the tables from the tire tests? I've been trying to use the Pacejka model in CarSim, but it asks for about 15 or so parameters that aren't listed in the tables. Thoughts?

Gmen
10-25-2007, 03:00 PM
So, this is just another way of interpreting the data from Matlab. Does anyone know how to use it in car sim. Anyone enter tire data into car sim?

Isn't it Obvious?!
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm trying to use CarSim to analyze the tire data, but can't get the Pacejka model to work. There has to be someone out there who's done this.