PDA

View Full Version : cbr600rr or r6

ahilto3
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Im looking at used units on ebay and they are going for the same price. Which engine is better? for tuning weight? ect. We are also looking into making a custom trans axle as well so which would be easier to do this with?

ahilto3
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Im looking at used units on ebay and they are going for the same price. Which engine is better? for tuning weight? ect. We are also looking into making a custom trans axle as well so which would be easier to do this with?

TorqueWrench
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I would suggest doing a search on the forums, as there have been very long debates in the past over which engines are better. I know for a fact they discussed things like CG, weight, stock power output, etc. in these threads.

To be honest, there is no best engine. Its all about what your car's goals are and choosing an engine that will help you meet them.

As a member of our team would say, "Your an engineer, make an engineering decision."

Chris Allbee
08-27-2009, 10:52 AM
The r6 is generally seen as more rev-happy out of the box, with the cbr600rr seen as having a better midrange. On the stock bike, the RR is often noted for having "snatchy" fueling on initial throttle opening, but seeing as how you'll be tuning the fuel it really shouldn't be an issue. When it comes down to it, each engine is just fine depending on what you want to focus on. To my knowledge the weights aren't terribly different.

As far as a custom trans-axle...its either going to be a pain in the ass, or a pain in the ass. Your pick.

Adambomb
09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allbee:

As far as a custom trans-axle...its either going to be a pain in the ass, or a pain in the ass. Your pick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, ooh, don't forget, it will also be heavy, unreliable, and require WAY too many other precious resources. Just my $0.02.