PDA

View Full Version : Nthing

Sourav Kamte
09-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Blah Blah Blah

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Gurgle gurgle gurgle (the sound of a poorly researched question being flushed down the drain by the FSAE.com community)</span>

Mischieviously edited by a moderator http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

M. Nader
09-11-2012, 06:25 AM
there are two things that can help you with this.
the find function in the forum and google, this post will get you no where unless you do your homework first

dmacke
09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Have you tried Bing?

dmacke
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Or the Baja forums?

http://forums.bajasae.net/forum/

They are very knowledgeable when it comes to all-terrain vehicles. They will gladly answer any questions you have. They will probably even give you the answers to all of your problems.

Big Bird
09-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Sanjay, the question I have for you is:

Why?

Why do you think someone is going to simply donate to you an answer to your vague questions?

Why would an expert in the field, someone who has invested many years of their life learning the relevant automotive theory, decide to dedicate a day, or a week, or maybe more of their precious time, to summarizing the "full details" of their knowledge - for some random kid who is too lazy to take the time to learn it themselves.

Why do you think you will ever be an engineer if your only problem solving strategy is "check Google"?

Why do you think there is an actual answer to such a poorly thought out question?

Why have so many of your vowels gone AWOL?

Why do I bother?

Why?

Claude Rouelle
09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Boom! That is the answer that I wanted to give for along time but Geoff Big Bird has been more proactive than me.

Can't help to think that Sanjay Singh is from India.

With such question Indian students are turning the weapon back to themselves and present themselves as naive, demanding, needy ... and lazy. And pushed away by the rest of the FSAE / FS community.

Ir reminds me the story of the American journalist who asked the Dalai Lama what was the quickest way to find happiness (which in fact made the Dalai Lama cry)

"Tell me everything now and kindly provide all details" and "I dint get anything in google and elsewhere thats y m asking bout this problem .. plz help!!!" is not different; it is absolutely ridiculous uneducated and insensible.

Do your own homework, come with specific questions. You look like the child crying for ice cream!

And also write in the best English you can; this forum is no place for cell phone language; just a matter of respect of all the forum participants.

Finally... Please (not plz) also introduce yourself Mr needy!

Charles Kaneb
09-11-2012, 11:35 AM
What are you trying to achieve with this suspension?

What does it have to do?

Identify your goals. Analyze what it has to do to meet these goals. Identify possible solutions. Evaluate these solutions by the criteria you chose. Select one. Determine reasonable rough dimensions. Build a hack prototype, or simulate the conditions, using those dimensions. Identify its deficiencies - and make sure you don't have a major problem that makes the system unworkable. Design, draw, and fabricate your equipment. Test it. Modify or adjust it until it meets the requirements.

Kevin Hayward
09-12-2012, 01:16 AM
This thread has gone from what I assumed something that was a unreasonable request to a very very funny with the change to the original post.

I approve of changing all ridiculous requests for fundamental designs to the same post!

Kev

PatClarke
09-14-2012, 01:25 AM
You know I have the power here to do that Kev http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Pat.

PS, I might even do that for fun http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Luniz
09-15-2012, 12:22 AM
@BigBird: I have another Why for you!

Why am I slightly terrified when I try to imagine to stand in an elevator one day which has been designed by a person asking those questions?

Big Bird
09-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Why wouldn't you be?
Why indeed.
Why not?

Why did this dude change his name, when it was splattered all through the post anyway?

And why did he run?