PDA

View Full Version : MacPherson Strut Suspension

mogwai
02-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I've been working on Double Wishbone Suspension System as a Vehicle Dynamics Member of my team & now it has been mutually decided to shift to MacPherson Strut Suspension System. I've gone through the basics of it but i need some good links, books to research on to progress my work in this suspension system henceforth!

mogwai
02-22-2012, 08:03 AM
I've been working on Double Wishbone Suspension System as a Vehicle Dynamics Member of my team & now it has been mutually decided to shift to MacPherson Strut Suspension System. I've gone through the basics of it but i need some good links, books to research on to progress my work in this suspension system henceforth!

Zac
02-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Clearly you need to re-read the basics of a strut suspension design.

Flight909
02-22-2012, 08:47 AM
MacPherson is commonly found on passenger cars - why would car companies pick these suspensions if they were not the best ones! Good choice!

wil oberlies
02-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd just cut the roof off an old Renault Fuego Turbo, throw a seat and a tach in it, and wait for the trophies to accumulate.
Oh, in addition to the seat and tach, maybe a dry chemical fire extinguisher. Style points.

Kirk Feldkamp
02-22-2012, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wil oberlies:
I'd just cut the roof off an old Renault Fuego Turbo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, but then you can't run with the turbo per the rules!

wil oberlies
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
What? No turbo? That turbo is necessary to offset that spongy creampuff of a chassis and the resultant kinematic disasters.
Just download the turbo waiver.

To the OP: I apologize, but please....