PDA

View Full Version : Hey Rob!!!

Denny Trimble
09-18-2004, 08:30 AM
I think you've made more of a stink here in the last few days than I've seen in the last two years.

It's not because you have great controversial ideas that threaten the rest of us. I think you're off to a good start with a unique approach.

The reason you're the focus of so much ire is that you show absolutely no respect to the efforts of our colleagues. You've said one or two positive lines, to balance out your 1000 negatives.

The great thing about this forum is that talented, commited engineers facing the same circumstances come together, discuss ideas, help each other, and learn. What you're doing is a one-sided pissing match, and it has no place here. Go back to your adoring fan club, I'm sure they'll listen to you all night.

Grow up and stop childishly defending what you've decided to do by tearing down what others do.

Most of your arguments are about the "concept of the competition", "how we should be doing it", and "what the common man wants". We're engineering students who want to learn and want to win. We push the rules to the limit. Most of us don't aspire to design exhaust brackets for the big 3. Don't tell us what to do! If we meet the rules, we get to race.

I get the feeling you're already consoling yourself for being beaten by a school that puts more effort, time, and money into their car than you do, or that goes out of their way to learn a new manufacturing process. That's the challenge of the competition, and unless you're going to change the rules, shut up and deal with it.

Actually, here in Seattle, doing a carbon fiber monocoque is very "real world". The last time Boeing built a spaceframe was... a long time ago. Their next aircraft will be mostly CF. Stop telling us we need to constrain ourselves to low-tech, low-budget, and conventional materials.

There are rules, then a race. That's it.

You're not in Baja anymore.

Denny Trimble
09-18-2004, 08:30 AM
I think you've made more of a stink here in the last few days than I've seen in the last two years.

It's not because you have great controversial ideas that threaten the rest of us. I think you're off to a good start with a unique approach.

The reason you're the focus of so much ire is that you show absolutely no respect to the efforts of our colleagues. You've said one or two positive lines, to balance out your 1000 negatives.

The great thing about this forum is that talented, commited engineers facing the same circumstances come together, discuss ideas, help each other, and learn. What you're doing is a one-sided pissing match, and it has no place here. Go back to your adoring fan club, I'm sure they'll listen to you all night.

Grow up and stop childishly defending what you've decided to do by tearing down what others do.

Most of your arguments are about the "concept of the competition", "how we should be doing it", and "what the common man wants". We're engineering students who want to learn and want to win. We push the rules to the limit. Most of us don't aspire to design exhaust brackets for the big 3. Don't tell us what to do! If we meet the rules, we get to race.

I get the feeling you're already consoling yourself for being beaten by a school that puts more effort, time, and money into their car than you do, or that goes out of their way to learn a new manufacturing process. That's the challenge of the competition, and unless you're going to change the rules, shut up and deal with it.

Actually, here in Seattle, doing a carbon fiber monocoque is very "real world". The last time Boeing built a spaceframe was... a long time ago. Their next aircraft will be mostly CF. Stop telling us we need to constrain ourselves to low-tech, low-budget, and conventional materials.

There are rules, then a race. That's it.

You're not in Baja anymore.

rjwoods77
09-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Denny,

Point taken. I hear what you have to say really. If we had a normal conversation in front of each other, you'll find that my opinion, which is still my opinion would be the same. Forums like these dont lend themselves well to aggressive people like me because it seems all negative when I am really not. But thats okay because I will see you at comp and you can judge for yourself. I'll just back off from bringing shit up like this because it strikes too hard at peoples emotions because of time spent on their projects. I expect half the people at competition to scoff at us anyway and I'm sure it will effect me like my words have effected some/all the people on this board. Its all good. Seeya there.

Denny Trimble
09-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Rob,
Thanks for understanding.

And B.Dana, thanks for your bit of perspective before you decided to use your 1/100 somewhere else.