PDA

View Full Version : Front IA/anti-intrusion plate question

random guy
09-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey all,

So I've been looking into working on the frame this year, and I had a quick rules related question that I wasn't sure of the answer.

In essence, I wanted to know: does the front anti-intrusion plate have to be rectangular in shape? Or can it be some other shape? In particular, could it be triangular? The only rule I could find about the plate was B3.20.4 which does not mention shape in any way. I've uploaded some pictures of a quick frame to hopefully illustrate what I'm trying to do here (h t t p :// imgur . com /a /3QXpm)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Dash
09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
It can be whatever shape you want. It just has to cover to the outside of the tubes if its bolted on, or to the middle of the tubes if it is welded.

Most pictures they show are square for simplicity and the square/trapezoidal shape is the most common.

Canuck Racing
09-21-2012, 06:57 PM
It's hard to tell for sure but that chassis doesn't look like it meets rule T3.20.3

Not sure if that is a concern for you at this point or not.

EDIT: Also make sure that you can fit an IA that works, and that conforms to rule T3.21.1 [Part C.]

Francis Gagné
09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
The Anti-Intrusion doesn't have to be recangular. We have been using a rounded corner rectangle for 2 years and a octogonal one last year without issue.

In doubt always verify with the the rules commitee. But first you have to worry with T3.20.3 and T3.21.1c as Canuck Racing said based on the pictures you sent.

Good luck!