PDA

View Full Version : Wideband O2 sensor

Bazanaius
07-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey guys,

I have been charged with finding a wideband lambda O2 sensor for our car. We are running a megasquirt II, up till now with a narrow band sensor.
I had a look on the mega squirt site, and they seem to reccomend the Bosch LSU4, or the LTK L1H1.
Looking around on the net, there's all sorts of kits available, but I'm not sure whether we don't need just the sensor, given that we're using megasquirt?

Can anyone who is more knowledgeable than me on this advise? What sensors do you use, and can anyone reccomend any good suppliers that you've dealt with? We're based in the uk but if we're quick we might be able to get one from the US in time.

cheers,

baz

Bazanaius
07-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey guys,

I have been charged with finding a wideband lambda O2 sensor for our car. We are running a megasquirt II, up till now with a narrow band sensor.
I had a look on the mega squirt site, and they seem to reccomend the Bosch LSU4, or the LTK L1H1.
Looking around on the net, there's all sorts of kits available, but I'm not sure whether we don't need just the sensor, given that we're using megasquirt?

Can anyone who is more knowledgeable than me on this advise? What sensors do you use, and can anyone reccomend any good suppliers that you've dealt with? We're based in the uk but if we're quick we might be able to get one from the US in time.

cheers,

baz

Brian S
07-21-2008, 09:09 AM
You need the sensor and a controller for it. We have been using the Innovate Motorsports ( http://innovatemotorsports.com/) controllers. You probably want either the LM-1 or the LC-1. Someone else on our team had found a place for a DIY wideband controller, I don't remember the URL off the top of my head, but it was something like $50USD plus the sensor, where as the innovate ones start at $150 plus the sensor.

Grant Mahler
07-21-2008, 09:23 PM
This (http://www.14point7.com/JAW/JAW.htm) is the link Brian is talking about. Link courtesy of Matt Kosonen.

Bazanaius
07-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Hey guys, that link is great - I'll look into it,

cheers!

B

Grant Mahler
07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Just so you know, it would appear that Innovate has had some issues with the latest batch of LC-1s. Specifically, they suck ass. Massive failure rates (not uncommon to have 1 in 4 be DOA), multiple failure modes, etc. Some common components failing, but not always failing in the same way. Rumor has it they switched manufacturers for some of the components and everything has gone to hell in a handbasket.

For more information, read the Innovate forums. They are ablaze.

Brian S
07-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that. The LC1 we got this year was DOA. It draws some power, but doesn't do anything and the sensor doesn't heat up. We ended up pulling the LM-1 off our old car.

Biggy72
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm going to give the JAW a shot. We'll see how it goes and I will post something up on here when I get it going.

Superfast Matt McCoy
07-23-2008, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biggy72:
I'm going to give the JAW a shot. We'll see how it goes and I will post something up on here when I get it going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do, I'm very interested.

Bazanaius
07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Just to keep you updated, this is something we're going to implement on next year's car. I'll let you know how we get on as and when - hopefully wait till the LC-1 furore has blown over :-)

Grant Mahler
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Also, Amazon has replacement Bosch sensors for the Innovate controllers for really cheap.