PDA

View Full Version : calculations

ks
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
can anyone please tell me what are the values of follwing things i am supposed to take for calculations for a car with weight 250 kg ,pedal ratio ratio4:1,wheel base=1650mm,tyre diameter=20 inch,height of center of gravity=15cm ...please give the value of rotor diameter ,master cylinder bore diameter,coefficient of friction (on racing track) and caliper piston diameter.

ks
11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
can anyone please tell me what are the values of follwing things i am supposed to take for calculations for a car with weight 250 kg ,pedal ratio ratio4:1,wheel base=1650mm,tyre diameter=20 inch,height of center of gravity=15cm ...please give the value of rotor diameter ,master cylinder bore diameter,coefficient of friction (on racing track) and caliper piston diameter.

alumasteel
11-08-2009, 10:41 PM
There is no correct answer. It's what you decide is best for your car. Now go decide what is best for your car.

Bobby Doyle
11-08-2009, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">height of center of gravity=15cm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol

t21jj
11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Dear god somebody make it stop. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

This forum is not here to give you the answers. Be an engineer and figure it out. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Adambomb
11-08-2009, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobby Doyle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">height of center of gravity=15cm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

15 cm isn't too unreasonable. Here are several cars with 15 cm CG heights:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/car-crusher-2a.jpg

SamB
11-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Thats an impressive centre of gravity height for a car thats a minimum of 2" off the ground. You really should go work for Ferrari and sort out their F1 car.

At least that way you'll stop clogging up the forum with [insert profanity]...

Luniz
11-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Dear ks,

Seems like you are trying to figure out your braking system. You don't even need a book for that, the relation between factors such as rotor diameter, master cylinder piston bore and caliper size are quite obvious. As long as you are not studying katholic theology you should be able to figure that one out yourself! Switch on your brain and just do it!

Besides this, I would like to advise you that without the slightest bit of netiquette you will not be able to get any sort of information anyway.

Cheers,

L B0MB
11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I see two possibilities here:

1. ks is a troll

2. ks is a real life retard

Funny questions though!

tinkeringIdiot
11-10-2009, 01:00 PM
trollllllll

amusing though.

11-10-2009, 10:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nursing calculations...HELP </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If I were her, I would begin by contacting the university to solicit details on what exactly they mean by "nurses calculations" and then go from there.

I presume it's some sort of basic math test that covers things like simple, single-variable algebra (e.g. 5X = 10, X=?), ratios, proportions, percentages, fractions, units-of-measurement/conversions, etc.

Get a "for dummies" book or a "demystified" book on basic math and it'll give her what she needs.

What kinds of prerequisites did they require of her?