PDA

View Full Version : Free Open Wet Track Day???

Test Driver
10-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello all,

I'm trying to see if there would be interest from teams in attending an open track day at my work. We have a very large vehicle testing facility with several different type handling courses including wet handling courses. One of these is a flat 500'x900' asphalt surface that we normally use with an autocross type course setup. It is actively wetted with ~.050" water from a supply that can run continuously. This would be particularly advantageous to teams that never/rarely get to practice in the wet.

At this point, the prospect is for a single day (still open on dates) and only on the above mentioned wet pad. If things go right though, this could possibly lead to multiple days and perhaps use of our road course.

The only disadvantage is location. Our zip is 79735. The nearest town is Fort Stockton TX about 12 miles east of us. Not much to it but accommodations are plentiful and we can arrange for corporate rates.

Post any questions on this thread or if you'd prefer, contact me directly.

Ramon Mendoza
BRIDGESTONE/FIRESTONE North American Tire, LLC
Ride and Handling Group
Texas Proving Ground
915-336-4834

Test Driver
10-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Hello all,

I'm trying to see if there would be interest from teams in attending an open track day at my work. We have a very large vehicle testing facility with several different type handling courses including wet handling courses. One of these is a flat 500'x900' asphalt surface that we normally use with an autocross type course setup. It is actively wetted with ~.050" water from a supply that can run continuously. This would be particularly advantageous to teams that never/rarely get to practice in the wet.

At this point, the prospect is for a single day (still open on dates) and only on the above mentioned wet pad. If things go right though, this could possibly lead to multiple days and perhaps use of our road course.

The only disadvantage is location. Our zip is 79735. The nearest town is Fort Stockton TX about 12 miles east of us. Not much to it but accommodations are plentiful and we can arrange for corporate rates.

Post any questions on this thread or if you'd prefer, contact me directly.

Ramon Mendoza
BRIDGESTONE/FIRESTONE North American Tire, LLC
Ride and Handling Group
Texas Proving Ground
915-336-4834