PDA

View Full Version : Different Diffs...

HB
06-26-2003, 07:23 AM
I was just curious on what differentials everyone uses and why. It seems that the overwhelming majority of teams use the "standard" Zexel Torson. We have been using it the past several years with decent results. It seems to be fairly reliable, if assembled properly, and has much pontential to be lightened up. Our approach is basically throwing away the original housing and machining one that fits our needs. If I remember correctly, I think we got the total weight to be 3-3.5lbs. However, tuneability it somewhat difficult depending the amount of money you are willing to put into it and how extreme you want to go.

There are so many different styles of diffs, each having pro's and con's asociated with them, what's everyone's thoughts?

HB

HB
06-26-2003, 07:23 AM
I was just curious on what differentials everyone uses and why. It seems that the overwhelming majority of teams use the "standard" Zexel Torson. We have been using it the past several years with decent results. It seems to be fairly reliable, if assembled properly, and has much pontential to be lightened up. Our approach is basically throwing away the original housing and machining one that fits our needs. If I remember correctly, I think we got the total weight to be 3-3.5lbs. However, tuneability it somewhat difficult depending the amount of money you are willing to put into it and how extreme you want to go.

There are so many different styles of diffs, each having pro's and con's asociated with them, what's everyone's thoughts?

HB