PDA

View Full Version : FSAE AUTO X practice Dec 13th at Cal Speedway

wingman
12-03-2003, 04:50 PM
On Saturday, 13 Dec 2003, SAE of Southern California will be hosting a driving practice/tuning event for FSAE teams at California Speedway in Fontana Ca.

The event is a standard SCCA SOLO 2 AutoX practice for which there are to be approximately 60 entries 10 of which have been reserved for SAE. Each entry represents approximately 12 laps and each vehicle will not be allowed more than 2 entries (Thus a max of 24 laps per car). Entry into this event is FREE to the FSAE teams that participate. Standard autoX run/work rules apply so expect to offer up some team members to help run the event throughout the day.

Remember to bring Helmets, Fuel, Spares and all the necessary support equipment to run your car. If and When team members are not working throughout the day there will be plenty of chances to ride along in passenger vehicles entered into the practice.

RSVP no later than Monday 8 December 2003.

If we do not receive your RSVP by Monday you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE due to the fact that the entry spots will be given to those on a standby list.

Entry also includes participation in the AutoX championship on Sunday Dec 14 if you and your team are able to stay.....more info about Sunday will be provided to those that show on Saturday.

13 December 2003
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
California Speedway Fontana, Ca

Schedule of Events
7:00 –8:00 Tech and course walk
8:00 Drivers Meeting
8:30-12:30 Morning Run Groups
12:30-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-5:00 Repeat Morning Run Groups

To register for the event
On line at: http://socal.sae.org
Or Email: steven.lam@nissan-usa.com or navstokes@yahoo.com
Or Call: Steven Lam at (310) 771-3320
Or Reply to this post

I.E. NO EXCUSSES!! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Directions to Cal Speedway from anywhere:

Directions: Take Interstate 10 east from Los Angeles to Fontana. Exit left at Cherry Ave. Travel one mile. The tracks is located on the left

http://www.racingwest.com/tracks/california.shtml

wingman
12-03-2003, 04:50 PM
On Saturday, 13 Dec 2003, SAE of Southern California will be hosting a driving practice/tuning event for FSAE teams at California Speedway in Fontana Ca.

The event is a standard SCCA SOLO 2 AutoX practice for which there are to be approximately 60 entries 10 of which have been reserved for SAE. Each entry represents approximately 12 laps and each vehicle will not be allowed more than 2 entries (Thus a max of 24 laps per car). Entry into this event is FREE to the FSAE teams that participate. Standard autoX run/work rules apply so expect to offer up some team members to help run the event throughout the day.

Remember to bring Helmets, Fuel, Spares and all the necessary support equipment to run your car. If and When team members are not working throughout the day there will be plenty of chances to ride along in passenger vehicles entered into the practice.

RSVP no later than Monday 8 December 2003.

If we do not receive your RSVP by Monday you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE due to the fact that the entry spots will be given to those on a standby list.

Entry also includes participation in the AutoX championship on Sunday Dec 14 if you and your team are able to stay.....more info about Sunday will be provided to those that show on Saturday.

13 December 2003
7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
California Speedway Fontana, Ca

Schedule of Events
7:00 –8:00 Tech and course walk
8:00 Drivers Meeting
8:30-12:30 Morning Run Groups
12:30-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-5:00 Repeat Morning Run Groups

To register for the event
On line at: http://socal.sae.org
Or Email: steven.lam@nissan-usa.com or navstokes@yahoo.com
Or Call: Steven Lam at (310) 771-3320
Or Reply to this post

I.E. NO EXCUSSES!! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Directions to Cal Speedway from anywhere:

Directions: Take Interstate 10 east from Los Angeles to Fontana. Exit left at Cherry Ave. Travel one mile. The tracks is located on the left

http://www.racingwest.com/tracks/california.shtml

RickyRacer
12-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Hey, Im from the CSULB team. Our car is still not running but some of us are still interested in going. How much is it for us to compete in our passenger cars?

wingman
12-04-2003, 01:04 PM
It is too late to get into the practice by yourself.

If your team wants to run a passenger car or cart or whatever instead of an FSAE car, that can be arranged, but we will need to work out some details.

RickyRacer
12-05-2003, 08:58 PM
I would be interested in bringing out my shifter kart. I just need to know what I need to do to be able to run. It is a 99 Tony Kart with a 125cc RS Honda engine. Please let me know what I need to do asap. Thanks in advance.
Ricky
CSULB Engine Capt.

wingman
12-08-2003, 08:06 AM
OK teams,

Here is the deal.....

IF your FSAE car is not running for this weekends event, you MAY have the option of running a single vehicle is its place, either a cart or a passenger car, but this is not for sure yet, I have get the OK from the SAE board who are sponsoring the event.

If this option does get approved, the vehicle must pass tech and will be entered INSTEAD of your FSAE car, not in addition too!!!

Currently the following teams are participating

CSUN-FSAE car
USC-FSAE car
CSLB-cart
Cal Poly Pomona-cart

If your team is not listed above and wants to participate,

REPLY TO THIS POST BY WED. NOON!!!!!

can't wait for Saturday!!

cheers....

wingman
12-12-2003, 02:58 PM
OK everyone,

We are set

Be at Cal Speedway no later than 7:30 (i.e. be there at 7.....)

call me at 714 595 6372 if you have any questions

Daygo Nighthawk
12-12-2003, 06:46 PM
I guess due to some miscommunication UCSD will not be able to enter into this event (with a team member's car), since we did not RSVP by the deadline, and I'm sure any extra spaces have been given to the waitlist.

We're busy trying to get stuff done for our new chassis, but good luck to everyone there!

wingman
12-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone,

Man what a great day on Saturday

Thanks to USC, CSUN, CSLB and Cal Poly Pomona for making it a great event.

For those that didn't make it out, you were missed!! Please try to get involved in future events....

And a BIG thank you to So Cal SAE for sponsoring the event for the teams.....

We now have to decide if we are going to continue to sponsor autoX events for the So Cal teams....your interest and opinion is needed, please chime in!!

Let us here from you!!

RickyRacer
12-17-2003, 03:48 PM
I would like to also thank So Cal SAE for sponsoring the event and helping the teams get some practice. Can't wait for the next one. This is a great event for FSAE teams to be apart of and I know more Long Beach team members will be at the next event.

Sisyphus
12-18-2003, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daygo Nighthawk:
I guess due to some miscommunication UCSD will not be able to enter into this event...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

UCSD--What caused the communication breakdown?

Was there something that the SoCal SAE board could have done better to avoid you guys missing the event? We think we have a good system for getting the word out early to the teams before these events (thru our e-mail list, FSAE posting, etc) but if there is something that we need to do better please tell us.

We're really hoping to have a bunch of FSAE cars show up at these events.

js10coastr
12-18-2003, 10:21 PM
Cal Poly SAE would liked to have attended, but we didn't have a car running at the time...plus the travel issues.

We heard of this event a decent amount of time before hand, and will participate in a later one given enough time.

www.calpolysae.org (http://www.calpolysae.org)