PDA

View Full Version : Risse Shocks

Jason Davis
11-19-2003, 05:02 AM
Hey everyone, has anyone order Risse shocks in the past few weeks and not go them? We ordered a set and they were supposed to ship about the time of Cali big fire, and we have since not been able to get in touch with them. Anyone else have the same problem?

Nam Tran
11-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Last year, it took about a month for us to get the shocks after we'd placed our order. The only real problem was that our accounting department got mad that we didn't have the packing slip yet but we'd already been billed.

Jason Davis
11-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Well, as it turns out I guess I jumped the gun a little. Our shocks are on their way, though it has been like two months for us. Anyway, thanx for the info

Sam Zimmerman
11-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Last year we sent shocks to Risse to be modified. Luckily we sent them off in October because we did not get them back until late January or early February, even though we were promised a two week turn around time. Every time we called, they needed another week to ten days. Unless they have changed, Risse will make promises they cannot follow through upon and provide no data on their product. They are the one company I would highly recommend avoiding.

Sam Zimmerman
Vandals Racing (http://www.uidaho.edu/~racing)

ben
11-20-2003, 12:48 AM
We had a nightmare sourcing Risses in the UK. We got them from the UK importer, but the problems were the same as Sam suggested, with a bit extra on top for the freight time to the UK.

We're running Fox this year for the new car, the Risses will stay on our current car for FSAE 2004 though.

Ben

University of Birmingham
www.ubracing.co.uk (http://www.ubracing.co.uk)

Frank
11-20-2003, 01:40 AM
we ordered Risse's direct, and found their service excellent

in fact much better than the fox dealer (because you can't order fox direct) in Australia

I think the distributers / retailers are the real thorns in our sides....

the try and take orders, ship in bulk, and make a profit (whilst claiming a discount for us at the same time)

inevitably, we end up waiting for product

Frank

[This message was edited by Frank on November 20, 2003 at 06:36 AM.]