PDA

View Full Version : Torsen diff input shafts

JDF
01-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Do any of you make your own input shafts for the torsen diff? If so, how do you cut the splines? It the splines would have to be cut back to a square shoulder since the bearing surface for the needle bearing is right there. That would seem to elimnate the possibility of hobbing it out. Finding someone with a shaper would be the ideal solution, but haven't come across one yet. Having no luck locally, does anyone know a shop that I could ship the shafts to?

Thanks!

JDF
TTU

JDF
01-29-2003, 09:04 AM
Do any of you make your own input shafts for the torsen diff? If so, how do you cut the splines? It the splines would have to be cut back to a square shoulder since the bearing surface for the needle bearing is right there. That would seem to elimnate the possibility of hobbing it out. Finding someone with a shaper would be the ideal solution, but haven't come across one yet. Having no luck locally, does anyone know a shop that I could ship the shafts to?

Thanks!

JDF
TTU

matt giles
01-29-2003, 01:25 PM
In that case, you should be able to roll the splines. A place in the detroit area called Cold Forming Technology should be able to help you out. They have a website, but I don't remember what it is. You'll have to search for it.

Matt Giles