PDA

View Full Version : ECU and engine specs

Sebastien Poulin
11-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Has anyone ever tried Dynojet's power commander? We're using a CBR600 F4i and would like to hear any feedbacks about it. Does it simplifies wiring and installation? What would you choose between Halltech and Dynojet's product?....Does any team have the inner seat valve diameter? (intake and exhaust valve diameter)..regards S.P.

Sebastien Poulin
11-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Has anyone ever tried Dynojet's power commander? We're using a CBR600 F4i and would like to hear any feedbacks about it. Does it simplifies wiring and installation? What would you choose between Halltech and Dynojet's product?....Does any team have the inner seat valve diameter? (intake and exhaust valve diameter)..regards S.P.

David Money
11-18-2002, 02:27 PM
We used it and it worked great. It is very easy to use, and is well worth the money. We spun 68 hp at the wheels at the comp in 02 using our F4i, tuned exhaust, tuned intake, and Power Commander. The only downside to using the Power Commander is that it is not real time. You have to constantly reflash the new updated maps into memory (at least on out 2 year old version). Worked great though. It is very easy to plug in as it just plugs in between the main engin harness and the engine. Don't know about the valve diameter. Hope that helps.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
11-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Before you make any decisions on which engine controller to use, please take a look at our web page (www.pe-ltd.com) (http://www.pe-ltd.com)). Our newest ECU is easy to tune (real time) and has all the features of a much higher priced unit. We are currently selling a kit for FSAE for $760. If you have any questions please contact me at brian@pe-ltd.com or (513) 777-5233. Thanks.

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
11-19-2002, 09:34 AM
We have been successfully using a Walbro TDD system for the past years. You can take a look at them at www.walbro-tdd.com (http://www.walbro-tdd.com) There are two models that are perfect for FSAE use: The MinJ400_4 and the Bike400. The only major difference between the two is that the MinJ400 has dual-map capabilities (meaning you can have two completely different programs saved in the ECU and switch between them on the fly without having to reflash) and in the Bike400 this function is replaced with spark and/or fuel cutting capabilties for full load shifting. Another great feature is the on-board DAQ. It samples all engine control variables (Temps, rpm, lambda, TPS, spark advance, injection timing) at 10Hz and saves it in the built-in flash memory. It can store about 20 minutes of run time, which is awesome for fine-tuning your maps once you got the engine off the dyno and in the car. Let me know if you guys want any more info on the systems.

Scott M.
11-19-2002, 11:18 AM
There is an option out there that is as easy to install as the Power Commander with superior features to a Motec at a fraction of the cost.

This system uses an AEM ECU with ALL the factory sensors and includes a base F4i calibration file.

A brief listng of features:
-Dedicated FSAE support
-No machining required!
-On board data logging (up to 250Hz)
-Up to 10 free analog input channels
-Free strategy updates
-Fully sequential to 25,000 rpm
-17x21 load speed tables
-Automapping
-Full throttle shift
-Traction control coming soon
-Front/Rear wheel speed inputs

For more information look under For Sale items within this forum.

Cost is $1503.85. Includes ECU, Ign driver, connectors/pins, and F4i calibration file.

You will find the EMS Bulletin Board (with FSAE section) here: AEM (http://AEMPower.com)

Email me for further information
SuperiorEngineTechnology@yahoo.com

Scott
Penn State FSAE 94-96
Superior Engine Technology

Cats
11-20-2002, 02:46 AM
We have worked with Performance Electronics for the past 6 years(4 Yamahas, 1 F4, & soon to be 1 F4i). They provide a really good product for the amount cash you spend. The software is so easy a chassis guy could pull it up and make the appropriate changes. They are really helpful when questions come up too, because you are always talking to one of the engineers. Check out their website for all of the details.

www.pe-ltd.com (http://www.pe-ltd.com)

Dan