PDA

View Full Version : Audi Diff Measurements

james17
02-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Our team is slightly behind the curve getting our car sorted out and have little time to fix mistakes or wait for parts that wont come in for a week or so yet. We are planning on using a standard audi style torsen differential along with the rear stub shafts from that same diff. Does anybody have handy the specs on the size of the stub shafts directly as they exit the diff case. For clarification i just need the measurment of the shaft at its largest point right outside of the case that the diff must be in to keep it lubricated. Thanks

james17
02-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Our team is slightly behind the curve getting our car sorted out and have little time to fix mistakes or wait for parts that wont come in for a week or so yet. We are planning on using a standard audi style torsen differential along with the rear stub shafts from that same diff. Does anybody have handy the specs on the size of the stub shafts directly as they exit the diff case. For clarification i just need the measurment of the shaft at its largest point right outside of the case that the diff must be in to keep it lubricated. Thanks

fsae_alum
02-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey man, there should be a spare set of shafts at the shop that fit the 95-96 car which has a university special in it. Ask Shawn to dig them out. They're there somewhere. We had a spare set made just in case future teams broke the stub axles like we did back in 00. One word of advice....it was expensive to get them made. ITM did the original set for the 95 car and it was $600+ a set for splining (The receipt is in a gray notebook out there). More specs on what you need to design to can be found on the Torsen website.

PS: Make sure to talk to someone that's taken M.E.D. before going off and designing new ones or you'll be re-designing new ones in no time flat!! (Don't ask how I know)

In spite of...