PDA

View Full Version : Diff-general

roadrunner
10-08-2003, 04:10 AM
I`m currently in the process of designing the diff layout and drive shafts and was wondering what views everyone had on it??

LSD? No diff, solid rear? Single brake disc or one for each wheel? Floating discs or not? Equal length drive shafts or not? etc, etc, etc.

Will be interesting to hear some different views other than those given to me by my lecturers!!!!!!

Rob

Word to ya moms but i came to drop bombs!!!!!

roadrunner
10-08-2003, 04:10 AM
I`m currently in the process of designing the diff layout and drive shafts and was wondering what views everyone had on it??

LSD? No diff, solid rear? Single brake disc or one for each wheel? Floating discs or not? Equal length drive shafts or not? etc, etc, etc.

Will be interesting to hear some different views other than those given to me by my lecturers!!!!!!

Rob

Word to ya moms but i came to drop bombs!!!!!

Denny Trimble
10-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Make sure you understand the affects of your decisions. That means, understand what torque steer is and whether your system promotes it or not; understand the affects on handling (understeer torque) from a spool or a center brake acting on an LSD; understand the tradeoff for unsprung and high yaw-inertia weight you get from outboard brakes; then make your decision and justify it to the judges, showing what you know.

University of Washington Formula SAE ('98, '99, '03)