PDA

View Full Version : Philly Region Trackside Engineering Seminar April 5-6

Wizard
03-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Philly Region Trackside Engineering Seminar April 5-6

Formula SAE Trackside Engineering Seminar hosted by Drexel Racing

I am inviting all present/past Formula SAE team members to attend a suspension/chassis tuning seminar presented by ICP/Citation co-founders Rich Pare and Steve Lathrop.

Where: Drexel University Philadelphia, PA

When: April 5-6, 2003
· Saturday 8AM-6PM
· Sunday 8AM-Noon

Basic Course Content:
· Theory
· Car Set-up
· Problem Solving
· Race damping

Included in the cost of the course:
· CDs for ICP set-up program
· Pre-class "homework" material
· lunch Saturday, continental breakfast both mornings, snacks, drinks

The seminar covers the fundamentals of racecar engineering necessary for the successful campaigning of any type of racecar. While the language of data logging systems is used to illustrate the principals taught, the emphasis is on those principals necessary for successful analysis and tuning of a cars performance.

Deadline:
Please email me for a registration form ASAP. Registration forms will be due March 19 and payment due March 26. If anyone has any problems with the deadlines please email me ASAP and we will work things out.

eric@drexel-racing.com

Cost:
Registered SAE Student: $150
Alumni $250

Eric Moyer
Drexel Racing Formula SAE

[This message was edited by Wizard on March 14, 2003 at 11:48 PM.]

Wizard
03-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Philly Region Trackside Engineering Seminar April 5-6

Formula SAE Trackside Engineering Seminar hosted by Drexel Racing

I am inviting all present/past Formula SAE team members to attend a suspension/chassis tuning seminar presented by ICP/Citation co-founders Rich Pare and Steve Lathrop.

Where: Drexel University Philadelphia, PA

When: April 5-6, 2003
· Saturday 8AM-6PM
· Sunday 8AM-Noon

Basic Course Content:
· Theory
· Car Set-up
· Problem Solving
· Race damping

Included in the cost of the course:
· CDs for ICP set-up program
· Pre-class "homework" material
· lunch Saturday, continental breakfast both mornings, snacks, drinks

The seminar covers the fundamentals of racecar engineering necessary for the successful campaigning of any type of racecar. While the language of data logging systems is used to illustrate the principals taught, the emphasis is on those principals necessary for successful analysis and tuning of a cars performance.

Deadline:
Please email me for a registration form ASAP. Registration forms will be due March 19 and payment due March 26. If anyone has any problems with the deadlines please email me ASAP and we will work things out.

eric@drexel-racing.com

Cost:
Registered SAE Student: $150
Alumni $250

Eric Moyer
Drexel Racing Formula SAE

[This message was edited by Wizard on March 14, 2003 at 11:48 PM.]

Wizard
03-15-2003, 07:59 PM
If anyone is even thinking about attending please at least email me.

Nazim
03-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Maybe you could tell a little bit more about the speaker and how the FSAE students will benefit from the the seminar, and of course, maybe make the seminar more affordable, say USD20-USD30?

jangan bosakan kengkawan ...

Wizard
03-16-2003, 12:54 AM
For anyone planning on attending the Claude Rouelle seminar, they should also look into this seminar.

You wanted more info on the speakers:

Stephen Lathrop started Citation Engineering in 1974 as the marketing and manufacturing arm for the Zink family of race cars - the Z12 Formula Vee, Z10 Formula Ford, and Z11 Super Vees. These first cars were designed primarily by Ed Zink, with Citation responsible for production, marketing, and developmental updates.

In 1976 Citation designed and built the Z14 FSV (a monocoque chassis Z11). 1978 saw the introduction of the Z16 FF, followed by the 84F (1984FF), the 84V (1984 FV), 87FF and 87SF (1987) . The last complete car redesign was the Citation 94 FF and SF. Design studies are currently underway for an all-new car to be introduced in 2002.

In 1990, Richard Pare joined up with Steve, and together they formed ICP to carry on the Citation car building business. With Richard's experience and contacts from working in the CART and F1 arenas, they expanded into the design, development, and manufacture of new and exclusive racing products.

Over the last 26 years cars from the shops of Citation Engineering and ICP have won 12 SCCA National Championships and 2 Super Vee Championships. Products of ICP design and manufacture have been integral to the winning of countless other championships, both at the pro and amateur levels.

A substantial part of their current business is as design and engineering consultants for professional level teams, with customers in CART, ASA, and NASCAR, and others. These services include both design and manufacture of custom components and trackside engineering services.

Why Go?
-small setting (20-25 people)

-One F2000 guy I talked to called it the best seminar he's been to(and he has been to the Rouelle seminar along with half a dozen others). He told me they focus on problem solving and set-up methodolgy.

-all FSAE member audience

-get to eat a Koch (you'll have to come to find out)

Again Email Me ASAP If You Are Interested!

Howard
03-17-2003, 09:44 AM
The actual cost to us is $150/person.

No one wanted to listen to the business major about charging $200/person to cover additional expenses that we might occur, or that $150 is nothing when you consider that it is a weekend of time that the attendee is going to be spending to go to the seminar. A weekend of my time is worth WAY more then $150.

When NER SCCA hosted the event, they charged $300/person.

It should be an informative seminar. If we can't fill it up with FSAE people, I have no doubt we'll be able to get SCCA locals to fill the seats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nazim:
Maybe you could tell a little bit more about the speaker and how the FSAE students will benefit from the the seminar, and of course, maybe make the seminar more affordable, say USD20-USD30?

jangan bosakan kengkawan ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message was edited by Howard on March 17, 2003 at 11:33 PM.]

Wizard
03-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Seminar Registration Update

If you want the "homework" material before the seminar I will need your registration by Sunday 3-23-03 at the latest. Payment deadline has also been move to March 28. I will also accept some last minute registrations/payments up until April 2, but you just will not get you "homework" material before seminar.

Eric
eric@drexel-racing.com