PDA

View Full Version : Power commander woes

Markymark
05-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Good day,

We are currently experimenting our new Power Commander III module, installed on a CBR600 F4i 2002 engine. First hand trials left us quite concerned about it's effectiveness/ease of operation.

I'd really like to hear about teams using the same module. We are using the existing fuels maps for stock engine for a baseline, but the engine seems to operate too rich when ew modify the map(says the O2 sensor), even at fuel settings approching "-45"!

For concerned teams, are you using such severe reduction (-35 to -45!) in your fuel map, or are we off track?

The switch from Haltec to P.C. is more complicated than we thought

Thanks!

Marc Ethier

Markymark
05-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Good day,

We are currently experimenting our new Power Commander III module, installed on a CBR600 F4i 2002 engine. First hand trials left us quite concerned about it's effectiveness/ease of operation.

I'd really like to hear about teams using the same module. We are using the existing fuels maps for stock engine for a baseline, but the engine seems to operate too rich when ew modify the map(says the O2 sensor), even at fuel settings approching "-45"!

For concerned teams, are you using such severe reduction (-35 to -45!) in your fuel map, or are we off track?

The switch from Haltec to P.C. is more complicated than we thought

Thanks!

Marc Ethier

David Money
05-06-2003, 05:31 AM
When we did our testing with our Power Commander we found that the stock map would have worked just fine for us. As a matter of fact, we we're planning on running the stock F4i map for endurance because we were seeing that it was real lean on low load and low rpm conditions (fuel economy and emissions we were told). I will agree that it is a little bit of a PITA to do the maps in the Power Commander, but by 2 or 3 dyno sessions we had it down. Again, we were using the stock F4i ecu with the power commander and rolled pretty good numbers at the competition dyno.