PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Rail Hold-Downs

Kevin Hall
03-10-2003, 06:24 AM
I'm just wondering what kind of simple hold-downs people have come up with for their fuel rails. Ours is a bit of a pain, and doesn't work so well. Basically, the front and back of our rail have square faces, as do our injector bosses. A couple strips of aluminum tie them together. I'm sure somebody has come up with something better, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Also, just to verify my measurements, I measure 73.9mm between injectors for the F4. Is this what others are getting?

Thanks in advance

[This message was edited by Kevin Hall on March 10, 2003 at 09:51 AM.]

Kevin Hall
03-10-2003, 06:24 AM
I'm just wondering what kind of simple hold-downs people have come up with for their fuel rails. Ours is a bit of a pain, and doesn't work so well. Basically, the front and back of our rail have square faces, as do our injector bosses. A couple strips of aluminum tie them together. I'm sure somebody has come up with something better, so I'm looking for suggestions.

Also, just to verify my measurements, I measure 73.9mm between injectors for the F4. Is this what others are getting?

Thanks in advance

[This message was edited by Kevin Hall on March 10, 2003 at 09:51 AM.]

woollymoof
03-10-2003, 08:17 PM
don't know about the rails, but assuming the injectors are the same distance apart as the port centers, I got 74mm pretty much spot on. I wonder whether Honda would have made the distances 73.9 or 74?

Kevin Hall
03-11-2003, 09:12 AM
bump

Kevin Hall
University of Saskatchewan
Engine Guy Extraordinaire