PDA

View Full Version : 1.375" OD 2" Bend Radius exhaust j-bends

mbzimmerman3
11-08-2009, 08:30 AM
In the past we have been able to use mandrel bent j-bends manufactured by hooker headers with 1.375" OD and a 2" bend radius (pt # 12521hkr). Our header design for this year uses this same tubing but hooker has temporarily stopped making this specific j-bend (back order date continually being pushed back since august).

I have searched all over the internet for the same spec j-bends but the closest thing I can come up with for 1.375" OD tubing is a bend radius of 2.5". So, I tried emailing a few places including burnsstainless, and a few other places I found that do custom headers. No one seems to be able to bend that small a radius.

Does anyone know of any companies that can, at the least, bend this size tubing or a place that manufactures it already?

Thanks for the help.

Mike
University of Pittsburgh
Panther Racing

mbzimmerman3
11-08-2009, 08:30 AM
In the past we have been able to use mandrel bent j-bends manufactured by hooker headers with 1.375" OD and a 2" bend radius (pt # 12521hkr). Our header design for this year uses this same tubing but hooker has temporarily stopped making this specific j-bend (back order date continually being pushed back since august).

I have searched all over the internet for the same spec j-bends but the closest thing I can come up with for 1.375" OD tubing is a bend radius of 2.5". So, I tried emailing a few places including burnsstainless, and a few other places I found that do custom headers. No one seems to be able to bend that small a radius.

Does anyone know of any companies that can, at the least, bend this size tubing or a place that manufactures it already?

Thanks for the help.

Mike
University of Pittsburgh
Panther Racing

exFSAE
11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Why not just tweak your design to use a 2.5" radius bend? Would take what, an hour or so?

MalcolmG
11-08-2009, 02:01 PM
how about donuts? Should be able to get them in the right size, will just be a bit of extra welding

Mikey Antonakakis
11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Sky Dynamics