PDA

View Full Version : yamaha R6 electricals

Aditya Duggal
04-30-2003, 03:49 AM
i am having trouble with the r6 engine management system so if ne univ using this engine could
please let me know that wheher the

CDI requires an input from the speed sensor and the throttle position sensor to fire the spark plugs and if so then is there ne other way to make the CDI get the same kind of current which it would have otherwise got from the speed sensor

Aditya Duggal
04-30-2003, 03:49 AM
i am having trouble with the r6 engine management system so if ne univ using this engine could
please let me know that wheher the

CDI requires an input from the speed sensor and the throttle position sensor to fire the spark plugs and if so then is there ne other way to make the CDI get the same kind of current which it would have otherwise got from the speed sensor

Kevin Hall
04-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Well, you need to feed it a tach signal......does it receive signal from the speed sensor, and if so, why? If it needs this for some reason, make a circuit to covert tach signal (square wave or something similar) to a current.

Kevin Hall
University of Saskatchewan
Engine Guy in Need of Help

Aditya Duggal
04-30-2003, 05:19 PM
this means tht i would need to feed the CDI a square wave or somethin similar to what would be generally coming to it from the speed sensor

tht means its not possible to expect a spark in spark plugs w/o speed sensor and a throttle position sensor

Igor
05-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Note though that the crank angle sensor is a variable reluctance type sensor. That means the original signal doesn't look like a square wave at all.
That doesn't mean a square wave won't work, but be warned none the less.

Igor

-----------
On time, on budget or works.
Pick any two.