PDA

View Full Version : MSD Question

FastGSX
05-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to using the MSD, so I got a simple question. I see that the programmable run curve is only for timing retard. This leaves no option for setting timing advance. My guess is that the trigger point is supposed to be set at something way advanced, so when there is 0 retard, the car is actually getting full advance. Is this correct?

For reference, we are using an MSD rotor/dual pickup assembly to get the trigger signal. We actually have a shaft that extends out of the stock CKS case that spins with the crank. The rotor is attached to this shaft, and the 2 pickups are mounted on the outside of the case. It is easy to adjust the trigger points by rotating the position of the rotor relative to the shaft.

Thanks in advance
Jason

FastGSX
05-04-2003, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to using the MSD, so I got a simple question. I see that the programmable run curve is only for timing retard. This leaves no option for setting timing advance. My guess is that the trigger point is supposed to be set at something way advanced, so when there is 0 retard, the car is actually getting full advance. Is this correct?

For reference, we are using an MSD rotor/dual pickup assembly to get the trigger signal. We actually have a shaft that extends out of the stock CKS case that spins with the crank. The rotor is attached to this shaft, and the 2 pickups are mounted on the outside of the case. It is easy to adjust the trigger points by rotating the position of the rotor relative to the shaft.

Thanks in advance
Jason