PDA

View Full Version : 3-piece wheels

ben
06-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Has anybody here rebuilt a set of 3-piece wheels? We have a set of Keizers that are leaking that we'd like to repair.

Would it be as simple as cleaning the surfaces, plying some silicone gasket and bolting them back up, or is it more difficult?

Ben

ben
06-13-2003, 06:02 AM
Has anybody here rebuilt a set of 3-piece wheels? We have a set of Keizers that are leaking that we'd like to repair.

Would it be as simple as cleaning the surfaces, plying some silicone gasket and bolting them back up, or is it more difficult?

Ben

Tim
06-13-2003, 06:24 AM
We have pulled ours apart more times I can remember. We clean the surfcae using a knife to clean off the old silcon and just put a bit of silicon back on and bolt it up. We havent had any problems (from memory), but I will have to double check that.

Good luck with it

Garbo
06-13-2003, 06:56 AM
We've repaired a couple of ours... clean the old silicone off really well... use some 100-ish grit sandpaper to roughen the surface (don't remove too much aluminum) and then goop on the silicone. Use a lot so it squirts out both sides of the joint as the bolts are tightened.

g

Daves
06-13-2003, 07:01 AM
That's good news for us. When we wrecked our car 6 days before competition, all of our Kodiak wheel rims were destroyed, but I think we may be able to salvage the center pieces. I did not know whether we could just order the rim pieces and fix them ourselves. Thank you for confirming that we can.