PDA

View Full Version : Race Car Dynamics Seminar for Students (UK)

MoTeC
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Dear Students,

We are pleased to advise that Claude Rouelle and MoTeC have definitely confirmed that the Race Car Dynamic Seminar for Students in the UK will be held on November 17, 18th and 19th 2003.
The Venue will be held at:Coventry, Warwickshire.

The seminar will be conducted over three days, with the Race Car Dynamics and Data Acquisition Seminar presented by Claude Rouelle held on the first two days, followed by the MoTeC Engine Management & Data Acquisition, on the third day.

SEMINAR TOPICS INCLUDE:
"˘ The nature of performance "˘ Forces and characteristics of tyres "˘ Kinematics "˘Longitudinal and lateral weight transfers "˘ Dampers "˘ Transient Weight Transfers "˘ Applied Data acquisition for race car evaluation and design improvement.

For more information on cost etc, please contact donna.arbuckle@motec.com.au

HURRY ONLY 50 SEATS AVAILABLE.

Donna

MoTeC
09-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Dear Students,

We are pleased to advise that Claude Rouelle and MoTeC have definitely confirmed that the Race Car Dynamic Seminar for Students in the UK will be held on November 17, 18th and 19th 2003.
The Venue will be held at:Coventry, Warwickshire.

The seminar will be conducted over three days, with the Race Car Dynamics and Data Acquisition Seminar presented by Claude Rouelle held on the first two days, followed by the MoTeC Engine Management & Data Acquisition, on the third day.

SEMINAR TOPICS INCLUDE:
"˘ The nature of performance "˘ Forces and characteristics of tyres "˘ Kinematics "˘Longitudinal and lateral weight transfers "˘ Dampers "˘ Transient Weight Transfers "˘ Applied Data acquisition for race car evaluation and design improvement.

For more information on cost etc, please contact donna.arbuckle@motec.com.au

HURRY ONLY 50 SEATS AVAILABLE.

Donna

RichE
10-20-2003, 03:31 AM
Who else is going to this? We are taking five people I think. The dates have changed as well to the 16, 17th and 18th of Nov.

Cardiff Uni
FS Team Manager

ben
10-20-2003, 04:28 AM
None from here. It's a lot of money and I can't justify it out of our budget.

I'm going to the full non-student Motec one the week after though.

Ben

University of Birmingham
www.ubracing.co.uk (http://www.ubracing.co.uk)

MoTeC
10-21-2003, 11:06 PM
UK Participants,

My appologies, I made a mistake with regards to the Dates: It is for November 16th, 17th and 18th 2003. (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday)

At the moment I have quite a lot of Universities from Europe registered especially after being advised that the University of Wollongong in Australia had booked out the majority of the seminar held in OZ, before their WIN in the United States SAE comp." Need I say anymore! http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ALSO Did you know that "ALL students who came to the seminar found a job in racing a few weeks or a few months after the seminar. It provides them a practical understanding of what will be asked of them as soon as they will start their racing career. Several team managers or chief engineers in Europe and USA now ask if the interviewee has been to the Optimum G seminar and consider attendance as an advantage."

Hurry limited spaces still available. REGISTER NOW - before your competitor does.

Regards

Mark McCoy/Donna Arbuckle

MoTeC
10-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Ben,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ben:
It's a lot of money and I can't justify it out of our budget.
I'm going to the full non-student Motec one the week after though."

Again, I would like to thank you for booking for the other Vehicle Dynamics Seminar that is the week after the student seminar in UK.

I agree that 840 Euros is a lot of money to pay, but that is for the normal price for the seminar you are booked into in which you had requested.

Students, The REDUCED price for students of 265 Pounds is a VERY good deal and you will all have Exactly the same course notes whether you pay 840 EUROS to attend the normal seminar with a max 20 particpants, or 265 Pounds which just lets a max 50 students attend.

You all learn exactly the same thing - How to apply, How to get the most out of your race car, How to win, and most important Understanding how or why!

Regards

Mark McCoy/Donna Arbuckle

Bavarian Motorsport
10-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the notes from the Seminar?

I am looking for the handouts that are given for research and to study/read them.

I have been told that they cannot give these out if you do not attend, however if someone will lend me a set of notes (who has attended), I'll copy them and send them right back.

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's time and cooperation greatly.

PatClarke
10-29-2003, 11:31 PM
Bav, read the message I left for you on the other (US Seminar) thread
PDR

Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength

Bavarian Motorsport
10-30-2003, 08:00 AM
Just curious how it was not nice?

PatClarke
10-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Bav,
That you have to ask that tells me something about you!
PDR

Rudeness is a weak mans imitation of strength

RichE
11-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Wow, what a fantastic seminar. Claude's knowledge of the subject was matched only by his passion for teaching and explaining it to the likes of us. We were lucky enough to have the funding to take six people from Cardiff. Everyone learned more than they thought possible. Thankyou Claude and Motec
Richard

Cardiff Uni
FS Team Manager

dancin stu
11-19-2003, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RichE:
Wow, what a fantastic seminar. Claude's knowledge of the subject was matched only by his passion for teaching and explaining it to the likes of us. We were lucky enough to have the funding to take six people from Cardiff. Everyone learned more than they thought possible. Thankyou Claude and Motec
Richard

Cardiff Uni
FS Team Manager<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, very very much agree with you there mate. was truely excellent, learnt so much, now ive got to pester the chassis team to let me redesign the geometry a bit(!) design freeze on the chassis was two weeks ago, and construction of the master has begun, but i warned them it will change........

now then, who wants to club together so we can build a rig to measure moments of inertia, seems pointless every uni constructing something soo huge?

ben
11-20-2003, 12:55 AM
Interesting...

I'm going to the full professional Rouelle Seminar next week. Should be good.

We had an excellent lecture at Uni last week from Peter Vennik from WSR who design the MG BTCC cars. He used to race with Claude back in Belgium and imparted some similarly good basic advice. I will be pushing to build a decent torsional test rig and maybe a compliance rig (toe, and camber-stiffness) as a result.

I think those two are more important before inertia testing. But then I suspect I might think differently by next Tuesday :-)

Ben

University of Birmingham
www.ubracing.co.uk (http://www.ubracing.co.uk)

RichE
11-20-2003, 03:53 AM
We had designed a torsional testrig before the seminar, so it will probably be finished before our car. We will be building inertia rigs as well. I am sure we can let other teams use our rigs when we have them finished, It would be good for everyone to set benchmarks for chassis stiffness etc using the same rigs. There might be a small fee to help us cover the costs of the rigs, but it would only be small.
Rich

Cardiff Uni
FS Team Manager