PDA

View Full Version : FSAE Claude Rouelle Seminars

Pat D'Rat
02-04-2003, 03:28 AM
Last year MoTeC organized a special Claude Rouelle seminar in Melbourne for Students competing in FSAE Australasia. The response was overwhelming, with MoTeC having to reject applications when they got over 50.

Those who attended agreed it was the best and most pertinent training seminar they ever attended, the only criticism being that it was a little late in the year for Students to include what they learned in the competition into their car.

Claude was happy with this first special FSAE Seminar, and committed to expand the access to these forums in future. The result is that there are 3 MoTeC/Rouelle FSAE Forums in 2003, two in Australia and one in the US.

The dates are as follows.

In the US, Claude will a two day forum in Detroit immediately after the 2003 FSAE event on May 19th and 20th. This seminar will effectively be the full blown Race Car Dynamics Seminar, but with a reduced emphasis on aerodynamics. The special price for FSAE competitors is US$189, and represents a huge saving on the normal fee of $750.

Then on June 10th and 11th Claude will conduct a seminar at MoTeC headquarters in Melbourne, Australia and on July 8th and 9th at Uni of NSW in Sydney. The Australian seminars include an additional one day training program on MoTeC products and applications on June 9th in Melbourne and July 7th in Sydney. The cost for the three day seminars in Australia is Au$450.

I would whole heartedly recommend any FSAE competitor or wannabe to attend one of these seminars. I cannot over emphasize the importance and relevance. My suggestion is that you will learn more in these two days than in the rest of the year !

I should point out that I am not associated with MoTeC, but with FSAE, and the only thing in this for me is that I might get an invitation to sit in on a forum...something I will certainly do as many times as possible !!

In the US, your contact details are (714) 895 7001, or e-mail jgmfrontoffice@earthlink.net

In Australia, the details are phone 61 (0)3 9761 5050. or email Donna at donna.arbuckle@motec.com.au.

My recommendation is that you should do whatever is necessary to get to one of these seminars. Eat bread and water, borrow the money from your girlfriend or parents. Give up beer.... just do whatever you can to be there !
It will be worthwhile in the long term !

I would be interested to hear comments from other forum readers who have done a Rouelle seminar.

'Near enough' means you missed !

David Money
02-04-2003, 09:49 AM
I recently attended one of Claude's seminars and I must say it was the best $750 I have EVER spent in racing. It was way more than I ever imagined and am anxiously awaiting his 12 day seminar. I would have paid the $750 just for the 1st day alone it was so good. I learned more in those 3 days than I have in the past 3 years in FSAE with respect to vehicle dynamics, testing, tuning, setup, and design. I would highly recommend it to ANYBODY who wants to get serious in their design and pursue a motorsport carreer.

Eddie Martin
02-04-2003, 11:42 PM
I did the three day course in Melbourne last year and it was excellent. I highly recommend it to anybody doing Formula SAE or going to the normal course if you do any other type of racing.

Pat, do you think Claude will be doing a special 12 day FSAE seminal for $450. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards
Eddie Martin
UOW Racing
www.uow.edu.au/eng/racing (http://www.uow.edu.au/eng/racing)

Pat D'Rat
02-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi Eddie and all,
I am not sure what Claudes plans are. You have to agree though, that the mans time is valuable. He is doing these special seminars for SAE, and that impinges on his time.
regardless, having done the basic seminar, I think Claudes extended seminars are designed for the motorsport professional, and probably should be charged for as such.
It was good value though, wasn't it ?

'Near enough' means you missed !

MoTeC
04-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Im just advising that we have again successfully booked out our Specail FSAE AUstralian and USA seminars. Since this seminar is becoming so popluar we would also like to help the students in UK.

We had a few difficulites of advising students in the UK to announce this seminar. So therefore I would really appreciate it if all the team leaders or students in UK would email me to see if you are interested in attending a seminar like the Australian and USA students attend?
For more information please contact donna.arbuckle@motec.com.au

I also understand that there used to be a Formula workshop in UK for all students with discussion on topics that covered things like project
management, chassis design and construction etc.

I honestly believe this seminar will be of much benefit to every student wishing to get a job in motorsport.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Donna