PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Engines: Key Module?

JConway-UofManitoba
07-06-2003, 06:34 PM
After fighting with our GSXR engine last year, we decided to attempt getting it going yet again this year. I overheard a few times at competition that a resistor was needed to bypass the key module. Does anyone have information on this or other information useful for getting a GSXR motor started?

Thanks

woollymoof
07-06-2003, 07:32 PM
I think there's a thread back a bit about this

Cheers,

Kirk Veitch
Swinburne University of Technology

JConway-UofManitoba
07-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Finally found it! Search never worked for me before...

http://fsae.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=763607348&f=125607348&m=3976014492&r=2756094492#2756094492

Thanks
JPC

Groaty
07-27-2003, 08:50 PM
HI JPC,

Sounds like you have just found the problem I have been trying to solve for the last week. Did you work out where to put the resistor in the gsxr loom? We are trying to get our 2001 engine running, but it is missing the Secondary Throttle Control Unit. The engine should still run without it, just not very well. At the moment it is getting no signal from the ECM to the coils, or the fuel pump relay. Any help would be really appreciated, because i am starting lose patience with it http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif.

Cheers

Brian
ADFA FSAE team

zhelinm
07-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi, I have experienced the same problem as you starting the gsxr engine as well. These are the modifications that need to be done to the wiring:

1) replace TOS with a resistor of 62~64k ohms
2) Connect pin 60(AT:Anti-Theft) of ECU to a 100ohms 1Watt resistor and then earth the other end. You can connect this to a switch to earth it as per the wiring circuitry.
3) Remove the sidestand relay and ground the entire assembly.
4) You can leave the GP sensor as it is or u can remove it and connect pin 20(NT) to earth, pin 57(GP) to a 7k ohms resistor(5th gear) and earth the other end.
5) Earth pin 19(CLT)

You should be able to start the engine now successfully. Speaking from experience of 2 weeks torture. =)

Chong
NUS FSAE Engine

Groaty
07-27-2003, 09:53 PM
Fantastic. Thanks for that Chong. I wish i had of thought to look on here a week ago!!

Richard Lewis
07-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Heh, we went through the same thing last year... but we smashed up out old ignition switch and figured it out in only a day or two. (luckily)

-------------------------
UVIC Formula SAE Team
http://members.shaw.ca/drax77/Formula%20UVic%20Sig.jpg
http://uvic.fsae.ca

Groaty
08-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Well the good news is I have spark and fuel pressure, but am only getting the initial injection of fuel then no further pulses. Everything else is working ok except for the injector pulses...could this still be because of the anti theft thing?

I using the 62k ohm resistor in place of TO sensor, and 100 Ohm in place of the anti theft part of key module

mario_rbr
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Groaty:
Well the good news is I have spark and fuel pressure, but am only getting the initial injection of fuel then no further pulses. Everything else is working ok except for the injector pulses...could this still be because of the anti theft thing?

I using the 62k ohm resistor in place of TO sensor, and 100 Ohm in place of the anti theft part of key module

Hi, I have the same problem as you; I'm triyng to start our GSX R600 motor (2005); I did everything you listed but it didn't started; I don't know if the resistor value has changed over the years.
In the wire diagram (2005) that we found, we dont know where the sidestand relay is,instead there is the sidestand swicth, don´t know what this does, could it be the answer to our problems?
PIN 19 (CLT) isn´t on the '05 wiring diagram, could you tell me what's CLT so i can find it in the `05 diagram?

Parker
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
The sidestand switch essentially acts the same as the relay in previous years. we are also using the 2005 GSXR motor but we decided not to delete the sidestand circuit, as it might make for a nice ignition cut circuit for upshifts...