PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

coastertrav
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
So am I the only one that is seriously ticked off at the authorization required any time you post a link or a picture? It just sucks any time you want to provide feedback for someone, or any time you want feedback on something you are doing, that it can take a couple of days for someone to approve it.

This is a terrible system for a forum like this (or any forum in general), and I wish something could be done. Please, if this bothers you as much as it does me, speak up and maybe something can be done about it. I could understand if people were stingy on what was posted, but it doesn't even seem like anyone is really looking at the things that are awaiting approval. Seriously, even if it just means getting more people to be in on the approval process.

Sorry for the rant, and if this needs to be moved to somewhere else by all means do it. I put this here so it would be seen by the most people.

coastertrav
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
So am I the only one that is seriously ticked off at the authorization required any time you post a link or a picture? It just sucks any time you want to provide feedback for someone, or any time you want feedback on something you are doing, that it can take a couple of days for someone to approve it.

This is a terrible system for a forum like this (or any forum in general), and I wish something could be done. Please, if this bothers you as much as it does me, speak up and maybe something can be done about it. I could understand if people were stingy on what was posted, but it doesn't even seem like anyone is really looking at the things that are awaiting approval. Seriously, even if it just means getting more people to be in on the approval process.

Sorry for the rant, and if this needs to be moved to somewhere else by all means do it. I put this here so it would be seen by the most people.

Drew Price
11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Not sure how recently you joined, but the permission system was implemented the beginning of the summer to combat all the spambots that were flooding the forum with garbage.

The approval system keeps most of that out now, and keeps things tidier at the expense of a little extra wait time for posts with images to be published.

When I want to give feedback involving a link or graphic now, I will usually put a quick note with no links saying that I have a more complete answer waiting approval, that way if it's urgent the person can at least P/M me about it to get feedback faster.

It's not a control-of-information thing at all, and isn't meant to be stifling, and isn't any kind of censoring, just meant to be practical.

Best,
Drew

ibanezplayer
11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drew Price:
Not sure how recently you joined, but the permission system was implemented the beginning of the summer to combat all the spambots that were flooding the forum with garbage.

The approval system keeps most of that out now, and keeps things tidier at the expense of a little extra wait time for posts with images to be published.

When I want to give feedback involving a link or graphic now, I will usually put a quick note with no links saying that I have a more complete answer waiting approval, that way if it's urgent the person can at least P/M me about it to get feedback faster.

It's not a control-of-information thing at all, and isn't meant to be stifling, and isn't any kind of censoring, just meant to be practical.

Best,
Drew </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100% This ^

coastertrav
11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
That's what I got from it, and I don't think that it is a bad system to implement, but I just hate the wait time.

I just think that there is a better way, and other forums I'm on (and I'm kinda a forum whore) don't really seem to have the spamming problem and also don't have this awful wait time.

The_Man
11-24-2009, 12:54 AM
A couple of my posts that have external links never showed up at all and I am sure I was not spamming they where pictures.

Maybe the admins can have a system where regulars and the trusted don't have to do through the moderation process.

t21jj
11-24-2009, 04:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drew Price:

Best,
Drew </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Man:
Maybe the admins can have a system where regulars and the trusted don't have to do through the moderation process.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It would be nice if it could be restricted to new users...say those with less than 5-20 posts. I've seen this done on other forums for new users only.

coastertrav
11-24-2009, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t21jj:

It would be nice if it could be restricted to new users...say those with less than 5-20 posts. I've seen this done on other forums for new users only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, this would be an excellent solution to the problem.

Drew Price
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
http://whatitslikeontheinside.com/uploaded_images/Make-It-So-776665.jpg

Best,
Dr

Drew Price
11-24-2009, 09:23 AM
(post with image coming http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

Best,
Drew

Adambomb
11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
If there were ever an official figurehead for these forums, it would absolutely have to be Jean-Luc Picard.

AxelRipper
11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
as much as i like not having spam... wouldn't something like a captcha be easier?

coastertrav
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Or even the ability to know who the moderators are so instead of having to start a thread complaining I could just speak to them directly?

Adambomb
11-30-2009, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AxelRipper:
as much as i like not having spam... wouldn't something like a captcha be easier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that was discussed in another post. Sadly, there is an ample supply of children in Nigeria with internet access that make a good living typing in Captcha phrases for spammers for a penny a pop, rendering Captcha phrases as little more than a pain in the rear for everyone else.

The problem is that spammers (and telemarketers) can make a living by annoying the crap out of people on a daily basis. The REAL problem here is that there are enough gullible or submissive (or perhaps just lonely) people out there to make their jobs profitable.

My strategy is to not only NOT feed any money in their direction, but to also play my part in making their jobs as undesirable as possible, thus driving up the cost of labor until it is no longer a profitable venture. Just my little way of making the world a better place. That and sticking quarters into random peoples' expired parking meters http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif .

t21jj
12-01-2009, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by perambulator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> How To Transfer Pictures From Your Cell Phone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you have a cell phone that has no memory card and you don't have the option plan to send emails or pictures. then your up the creek without a paddle.
my cell phone is MetroPCS camera phone) and on a $40.00 a month plan that is limited. I since moved to an area where Metro does not cover. I purchased a TracFone (camera phone) and i want to transfer my pics to the new phone but there is no service on MetroPCS and is disconected since i stopped paying my bill 2 months ago.
isn't there a usb that can connect cell phone to cell phone and transfer that way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok there is no way this is not a spammer...every post this ID has made is completely random to the topic.

HoggyN
12-02-2009, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t21jj:

Ok there is no way this is not a spammer...every post this ID has made is completely random to the topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spam maybe, but they aren't random, they are all related to the thread title.

Adambomb
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoggyN:

Ok there is no way this is not a spammer...every post this ID has made is completely random to the topic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spam maybe, but they aren't random, they are all related to the thread title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that guy. My guess is someone else wanted to jump on the trolling bandwagon, or perhaps it was someone disgruntled that we wouldn't just give them the "master cad model," or perhaps were a tad abrasive with. Personally I find his attempts sad and pathetic, and I've got a pretty dry sense of humor too. My strategy to date has been to ignore him. It's true though, I don't think anybody would miss him.

t21jj
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adambomb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoggyN:

Spam maybe, but they aren't random, they are all related to the thread title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that guy. My guess is someone else wanted to jump on the trolling bandwagon, or perhaps it was someone disgruntled that we wouldn't just give them the "master cad model," or perhaps were a tad abrasive with. Personally I find his attempts sad and pathetic, and I've got a pretty dry sense of humor too. My strategy to date has been to ignore him. It's true though, I don't think anybody would miss him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's looks to be gone now, his profile no longer exists.